~Five~

***Black Emerald***
*Chapter Five*

Lucius lead the way down the hall to the Malfoy's library.

It was small, but the books contained in the room, were books of power and intelligence that have been found through the years by the fathers before him. If there was an answer to what Harry was it would be contained in the books amongst this room.

"Harry, hopefully you'll find yourself answers in one of these books." The elder Malfoy expressed.

Harry inclined his head in thanks. Harry didn't know where to start, as Lucius suggested one book called: Magical Inheritances.

It was simple a simple book – explaining about when a witch or wizard turned a specific age and they gained hidden abilities that belonged to one of their ancestors along a line of old families.

It also described the many types of inheritances and Harry was completely lost in the middle of all of it.
Deciding on another book, then five more followed after. Is when Harry lifted his head out of the reading, he didn't think he was in the library for that long.

Alas, he glanced out of the window and could see that it was already twilight.
The sun setting in the far off place.
Sighing he leapt up stretching his stiff muscles from the couch that he had been sitting on since reading the second book he picked up. His muscles were still sore, aching, burning. He guessed he would never heal correctly. He would have to ask Lucius or Narcissa about some healing potions.
He turned the knob of the door- so used to seeing doors locked from where he had grown up. The door opened- Harry looked both ways before deciding on going left down the hallway. He had passed many rooms on his way to the dining hall he had been earlier in the day – when he heard shouting from a nearby room.
He then thought better of it, and continued on his way. It would get him nowhere if he relied on spying and peeping into others' matters.
He met Draco down in the dining hall, it looked like Draco was staring off into space.

"What are you thinking about, Draco." Harry sat down next to him.

"I was thinking of our first night at Hogwarts during first year." Harry's brows raised in surprise at the topic. It was surprising to Harry.

"Yeah, I thought of that the whole night last night." Harry explained.

"You know if you said "yes" to the friendship. I think we would have been fast friends." The younger Malfoy explained.

"Friends, such a weird word." Harry replied.

"Weirder, for in just a couple of days we will be brothers." Draco added.
Silence followed for the following minutes waiting for Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy.

The word "Brother" making its big impact on the boys for the first time ever since hearing about that Harry would be adopted into the Malfoy family.

Minutes passed – two pair of different steps – echoing off the hard tile floor. Voices, both feminine and masculine drafted through the empty silence. Filling it with curiosity and mystery.
Draco, and Harry instantly leaping out of their seats – in respect to the patrons of the manor. Narcissa and Lucius smiled and drifted to their own seats.
Sitting down – as Harry and Draco followed pursuit.

"So, Lucius I wanted to ask you of when we're going to the Ministry." Lucius looked at Narcissa – Narcissa sat her palm onto her husband's – it was all the encouragement the Elder Malfoy needed. Smiling at his wife then to Harry.

"We'll, we were planning on going before breakfast tomorrow morning. If that works with you" Lucius replied happily.

Harry nodded in excitement.
Draco sat back on his seat – the surrounding words melding into the back ground. He didn't know what to think. He was happy that Harry was finally getting some peace. He was happy that Harry was so trusting of them.