These oceans are far between our hearts.

I hadn't been on the beach properly for nearly a year. It is England, there is hardly ever beach weather, so I wanted to make the most of it when I could.

I placed all our bags on the sand and turned to Ben, who happened to be changing at the time.

"Oh My, sorry." I said quickly, as I saw him casually baring his arse.

"It's cool, you can look but you can't touch." He was just giggling away. 

I turned back and began to take my towel and clothes out of my bag. Call me modest but I don't like to change publicly, I must rather changing under a towel where no one can see me.  I knew wearing my bikini was risky, you could still clearly see the bruises Dom left behind, but i reckoned that because Ben already knew, he wouldn't make a scene from it.

Once in my chequered bikini I grabbed Ben by the hand and dragged him across the sand. Yes, there is sand here. He didn't resist; instead he glided with me, letting me lead him anywhere. I stopped half way down the beach, falling in love with the sand on my feet, and let go of his hand, falling into cartwheel after cartwheel into handstands and doing all the gymnastic moves I could remember from my lessons. There is something I had always loved about doing gymnastics in the sand, purely because it makes me feel free, and opens my thoughts. It relaxes me.  

The temperature was still hot, though being quite late, no one was on the beach. The population consisting of Ben and I, plus an elderly couple accompanied by their dog.

I was doing my final round off as I slipped and landed on the ground heavily. Slumped on the floor I lay there looking up at Ben, feeling my cheeks burn red. Calmly, he strode over to me, plonking his weight beside me as he looked me over for the first time I noticed.  

Taking advantage of the emptiness he placed his hand on my leg and moved it further and further up until it was holding my arse, before dropping his hand quickly. His light touch made me want to scream for more, but I didn't of course, I let him do as he pleased. His eyes pierced into mine as he caressed my body in light touches, as if he was wanting to read my reaction. I tried to be like him - look impartial - but I doubt it worked.

I lowered my body until I was lying on the warm sand, letting my body be kissed by the golden sun rays, and my lips being advanced on by an animal, Ben, as he leant over me, with one leg between mine, and slowly bit onto my bottom lip then progressing to a series of fast, rough and passionate kisses. Wasn't really a wise move to get him fired up whilst in just swimwear, but I didn't care, we were alone.

He placed one hand below my back and continued to kiss several more times, before leaning back, and standing at my feet. He extended a hand for me to reach for and pulled me onto my feet, after running his fingers down my body one last time he picked me up with ease, and carried me, bridal style, to the sea.

The cool water splashing around his ankles, my hands around his neck as my back was being slowly coated in a cool refreshing spray. Still striding forwards he made it to around his waist height, just as my lower spine was being dipped in water. Cheeky eyes peered down into my face, his grip on me became looser, and I plummeted into the blue liquid below. Fully submerged, my lungs kicked for breath as they released their oxygen out of shock, and were now in a frantic search for more.

Instead of relenting to the burning in my chest and the cold stinging my skin, I stayed under the water for 20 odd seconds, trying to get the best access to Ben's leg and pull him in. Ben, on the other hand, was panicking that I hadn't resurfaced and was sloshing in the water to shake me up.   Slowly I let my head bob above the water, catching the air I was in vital need for now, Ben's face visibly relaxed seeing I was alright, and pulled me back onto my feet. Taking a step back and splashing me with water.

Submerging myself back into the water, I swam behind Ben as he threw another bout of water at me. I rose again behind him, and jumped onto him as he was turning around, sending us both crashing into the water. Ben shrieked from the cold.   We messed around for a bit longer, probably another half an hour before the water chilled me. Deciding my hair was already wrecked I wasn't fussed about trying to keep it looking good, and chose to sunbathe. I jogged back up the beach, with Ben racing after me, and jumped down onto my pre-laid matt.

"Babe," I said as Ben lay next to me "Can you put the sun cream on me? I'm going to burn else." That was the one issue about having such fair skin, I burn really quickly and really badly.

"All of you eh? Hmmm, sure." leaning over me to pick up the cream, and simultaneously running a hand over my body.  

Covering his hands with cream he knelt over, with his legs on either side of me, and began to massage the sun cream into my skin, starting on my head, moving to my neck and down onto my chest, he was smiling like I knew he would be as he placed the protection over my cleavage, then moving down to my stomach, arms and legs, before turning me over and repeating the process.

This time as he got to my legs he slowly massaged the inside of my thighs, going higher, pushing against my bikini bottoms. It felt amazing. He stopped covering the rest of my legs and continued to do that, also bending forwards and kissing over my back, along my spine. His lips soft and warm on my skin, he moved further up and began biting gently on my neck before turning me over and going back to making out like before.

This seemed to be happening a lot today, but I don't think either of us cared. Whether he actually wanted to be with me, in a relationship sense was different, but it was clear he didn't mind doing stuff with me.   The kissing persisted and our hands were just touching anywhere, well until we heard a dog bark and his owner shout maybe 800 meters away. And realised we should stop of their sakes.

Ben quickly rolled off and lay on his back looking up to the sun and smiling. I reached for my bag and found out the time was about 6:30. Choosing to head back in half an hour we both lay back and sunbathed. Although we both knew Ben was going to get a sexy tan, whilst I would burn or be pale. Hopefully the latter.  

We were heading back to the car, and the questions were already eating me up inside.

"Ben, I... I need to ask you something serious."

"Urrrm, okay? I guess."

"This sounds stupid, but like, to you am I just another one of your girls, the ones where you mess with but not care about?" I was so close to him, and I know that beforehand he had a reputation for going through girls quickly, he sorted himself out, but I was conscious it could be happening now. I haven't even been out of a relationship long and he cant keep his hands off me.

"One of those girls? No, you really aren't."

"So, what does that mean for us exactly?"

"Us?"

"What is 'us'?" I asked, thinking maybe there was a chance we'd work.

"I... I don't know." My heart sank. I'd realised over the past few days that actually I had loved him, all the little things about him too all the time, but always thought it was as in a friend way. He was always with a hot girl, and I never wanted our friendship to end. But now I know I loved him, wanted him, and he didn't know what he felt. Great. The oceans really were far between our hearts.

AN: Hey my dear readers, I don't know how this is going, but I am sorry as my writing standard is below par, if you would like to comment, telling me how to improve I would be grateful. No one is talking, and I'm not getting any votes or anything, so I don't know if people really want me to carry on. Well yeah comment, vote follw, anything guys.  Love your fellow ginger, Mimi. xoxo