We'll be home soon so dry your eyes

My sugarplum slumber was crudely snatched from me as the light fluttered through the bay windows. A loud wailing noise rang through my ears, pulling me straight into full consciousness. Forcing my eyes open I peered over to my side, catching a glimpse of Ben rubbing his eyes and angrily grabbing his phone, still dazed he looked down at the screen, his eyes squinting with a confused expression plaster right over his beautiful face.

“Sorry babe, I have to take it.” He accepted the call. “What!” He shouted down the phone, being woken at 9 in the morning had never been Ben's thing, for him if the sun wasn't setting it was to early to be out of bed. There was a mumble down the phone, it sounded like an apology though Ben had pulled it down and clicked on speaker.

“Hey, how's you man?” Said a rough Danny on the other end.

“We're good, piss tired man, but yeah, Melissa is recovering really well, back to normal really.” He squeezed my hand as he said that.

“Oh.. That's good to hear.” Tension in his voice. “Mate, we need to talk.”

“Shoot.”

“No, it's serious.”

“Urm.. Go ahead.” Slightly confused.

“Ben, you need to be alone. Okay?” Ben raised his eyebrows, muttered a couple words and leaned over to me. Lacing his lips with mine he kissed me quickly and promised he'd be back in a minute or so. And with that he clicked off speaker and slowly walked out of the room, his perfect body gliding with each step.

I was still sore, even though 2 weeks had passed, and my eye lids were heavy but I couldn't fall back to sleep. I wasn't even going to try. Pulling myself up to a seated position I entwined my fingers and watched the door, hoping to see Ben stood outside. It alarmed me slightly when I realised that actually he wasn't there, he had gone downstairs as all I could hear was his voice muffled largely by the floor.

Leaning back again his wooden bed frame I picked up one of Ben's books and began reading the blurb, truthfully it sounded pretty interesting, it was about a child taken from the street and sold to a paedophile ring. It was the sort of books I loved, and I remembered how glad I always used to be that Ben liked the same books, because I always ran out.

Flipping the book to the front again I glanced over the cover and slowly opened the book to the first page. Ahh the smell of books. I let the paper's scent fill my lungs as I indulged in the contents within. After only a few pages I fell in love with it.

It hadn't really occurred to me how long Ben had been out of the room, though I had gotten through 10 chapters at least. Letting the book rest in my lap I looked out to the windows, seeing the sun had risen in the sky quite considerably. The door slowly opened and my eye shifted over to the boy stood with only his head in view. His eyes red again, and puffy with his cheeks water marked.

“Hunnii, what's up?” I asked, worrying about what Danny could had possibly said.

“I have something to tell you.”

“What! What is it?” Anxious now.

He came through the doorway and sat back down on the bed, dropping his phone down and taking up my hands. He bit his lip, and I could tell with only a quick look that he was fighting back a second bout of tears.

“I didn't know. I'm sorry.” He whispered.

“Didn't know what?”

“If I knew before I would have told you, would have warned you. I promise, it wouldn't be like this.”

“Like what, tell me, what's happened?”

“You know I wouldn't ever leave you babe.” he sobbed, “especially not at this moment, god I wish this could be differently.”