Would you say the nights are far too long now?

The two weeks slowly ticked by. Ben stayed by my side the whole way through, not once leaving me other than to eat or use the toilet. He was my guardian angel. Every time I broke down, he was there holding my hand promising it'd be alright; comforting me and making me feel safe, well the safest I could when the doctors were worried about me.

I wasn't really surprised that not many people visited me, I guess no one was really that close to me. Ben had contacted all of his band, explained he wouldn't be around for a while, though he didn't really know how long that would be. Within an hour of them finding out they were crowded around my bedside with flowers and gifts, wishing me to get better soon, and all of them crying and hugging Ben and I.

“Man this is horrible for you two, I really want this to be better soon. Dom is a fucking prick.” Danny said, and all of them agreed. I lay in my metal bed aching and too tired to stand with them. At that point I had so many pipes and needles in me in was unreal. They stayed for hours, singing songs to me, messing about and brightening my day. It was evident they had managed to shift a lot of the stress from Ben too.

What did surprise me is that my mum hadn't been in to see me the whole two weeks I was there. Ben had called her the night after I went into the coma and she refused to pick up. He sent texts from both my phone and his, and let her know, and yet she still never showed her face. I guess part of me still wanted to believe she loved me as I constantly told myself she just didn't know, but over time reality seeped in, and I knew 'mum' just wasn't interested.

The two weeks were up now and the doctors had taken me off all of the machines. Gingerly, I walked across the tiled floor, my bare feet tingling on the cool ground. Ben clinging onto my arm, supporting me with each tentative step. Not too long after that the doctors were seemingly satisified I was okay, and discharged me.

Ben walked me to his car, arms linked, and belted me in. My eyelids were still weighing a ton, but the prospect of being home with the person I loved made it easier to fight the drowsiness that was conquering me. Slowly, the car rolled into motion, something that always relaxed me, and I gave in to the impossible task of staying alert. My eyelids fluttered shut and my brain turned off, I drifted into blissful sleep.

I must have been out heavy as when my eyes finally opened I was lying in bed, undressed and half tucked in with Ben lying next to me. Every inch of my body fizzed with a small ache as I shifted to my side and kissed Ben softly on the cheek. Something I had wanted to do the whole time I was in hospital.

“I love you.” he choked through emotions. “I always have, and the past few weeks with you in hospital just proved how much I need you. I am not ever letting you go. Especialy not now when you're at your weakest.”

“I.. I love you too. Please don't ever leave me. All along I was pretending I liked the cool people when in reality I loved you and only you.” My simple reply.

Pulling me by the hips he pulled me in and kissed me on the lips, his spider bites rolling over my lips and making the sensation double. He rolled me onto my back, kissed me one final time before moving towards my neck. Heavily he whispered into my ear, ushering me to get more sleep, that I'd be better in the morning. That he would treat me in the morning. Silently I obeyed and let myself fall into a sleep once more, letting my pain flood out of me.

AN: Sorry for the really short chapter. I know this standard isn't very good, but comments to improve would be lovely. Not to sure if anyone actually wants me to carry on, no one is commenting or voting or anything so maybe just get in touch would love you hear from you all. - Your fellow ginger. xoxo