1 - White Lace

"Haven? Are you awake?" I slowly opened my eyes at the sound of my mother's voice. She peaked through my bedroom door at me, her almost greying brown hair, that was tied in a neat bun, visible despite my blurring sleep ridden eyes.

"Yes, mother?" I mumbled, closing my eyes once more, and pulling my warm fleece blanket over my head. There wasn't anything that could get me out of my bed that morning.

"Would you like to go into town today?"

"Oh, yes!" I sat up in my half asleep daze, throwing my feet over the edge of the bed to touch the cold wood floor. My mother never let me go into town despite being a legal adult. Whenever she offered I absolutely could not miss the opportunity.

It was September, which meant it was finally fall but it wasn't cold enough to wear my fall clothing. I took a quick shower, and pulled my hair up into a high ponytail. I decided to wear my favorite white cotton sun dress, which required me to wear my most racy pair of panties. It was a white lace thong that was perfect for hiding panties lines and undetectable under most clothing. If there was anything I couldn't stand it was visible underwear. I pulled open my underwear drawer and searched quickly for them only to come up empty handed. I knew that I had placed them into that drawer specifically after doing laundry so they had to be in there.

"Are you looking for these?"

I yelped in surprise, turning around to face my intruder and immediately found myself star struck. He was the tallest man I had ever met- not that I had met many men. He stood at 6'7, a complete foot taller than my 5'7. He had sparkling obsidian eyes that seemed to gaze directly into my soul and hair just as black that was overgrown but tamed and styled back. He looked God like with sharp cheekbones and a chiseled jaw. He was muscular, not gross and veiny, but he was clearly very well built and his clothing did nothing to hide that. The dark ripped jeans fit him perfectly, along with the black button up shirt with rolled up sleeves and biker boots. Very out of place in my feminine bedroom. Finally I saw that my lace white panties were dangling from his held out hand.

"W-what.. W-who?" I stumbled over my words, not a bone of bravery in me.

"Cat got your tongue?" He cocked his head and the corners of his mouth turned up into a smirk.

I screamed.

"No, none of that." He snapped his fingers together and suddenly no sound came out of my mouth. I grabbed my throat in fear. Had he just stolen my voice? The beautiful man's eyes began to wander, taking in my appearance and making me realize I was still in just a towel.

"Where do I begin?" He chucked to himself and pretended to think about what he would say next. "Haven Demetrius."

My name rolled off his lips in such a beautiful way, I had never loved it more. But how did he know my name? If I had a voice still I would have asked.

"I have a lovely proposition for you." He had begun walking about the room, looking around at random items. I couldn't help but notice my panties sticking out from his pocket. Pervert. "If you have not figured it out yet, I am a God."

I froze suddenly. I was Greek, and in my family we strongly believed in Greek "mythology". It made sense, he stole my voice, was built like a God, and came into my home unannounced. But why me? And who was he?

"I see you're familiar." He nodded in approval. "The name is Hades. God of the Underworld and blah blah." He waved a hand dismissively at his introduction while I cowards against my clothing drawer, shaking at the idea of the God of the Underworld in my room of all places. It simply did not make sense. My mother had always spoken that I was pure, way too pure to even have a glimpse at the underworld. He suddenly snapped again and I felt my voice come back. "If you scream, I'll just take it away again."

"what do you want with me? I swear I've done nothi-" I began to plead my case only to be cut off by the God.

"I'm not here for you. I'm actually here to collect the soul of Agnes Demetrius." The smile he gave me was so terrible and wicked that I felt my own blood run cold.

"No! Please." I pleaded. I found myself fighting back tears. "Don't take her! I'll do anything!"

"I must collect a soul. It's that wicked woman's turn." He simply stated as if he did not care that a woman's life was a stake.

I glared at him. "My mother is not wicked!"

He threw back his head and laughed a musical laugh that enchanted my ears. "Poor, naive girl. None the less, I must collect a soul from this household."

"Then take me!" I had begun to cry at this point, desperate for my mother's safety. "You said you need a soul, not specifically her soul. Please take me in her place."

He grinned at my offering, as if that was what he wanted to begin with. "Very well. You have one hour. Haven Demetrius, to be packed and ready to head to the underworld in place of Agnes Demetrius. Do not speak a word of your summoning into Hell, or I will go back on our deal and take your mother."

With that last word, he snapped his fingers and disappeared from my room.