3 - Hell Isnt That Hot

My first full day in the underworld I was miserable. I was upset that I would never see my mother again. I was upset that I was doomed to spend the rest of eternity alone in such a dark place. I would never garden again, my favorite past time.

In the morning- I wasn't actually sure if it was morning- my breakfast was delivered to me on a beautiful silver platter by the partially dead chef. She knocked on the door, didn't wait for me to answer before letting herself in with the platter. I had still been in bed when she had brought it in, the bed was much more comfortable than the one I had at home. She served it to me without having me leave the bed, a luxury I had never experienced due to having of always been the one who made breakfast when it was just my mother and I. The food smelled absolutely lovely, French toast and a few slices of bacon along with sparkling orange juice.

"Is there anything else I can bring you, my queen?" The chef lady asked. I raised an eyebrow at being called her queen. Maybe she was just confused on why I was here?

"No... It's absolutely wonderful. Thank you." I gave her a smile, which she did not return. She immediately left the room and left me to enjoy my breakfast. The food was absolutely wonderful but after I had finished eating I had no idea what to do with myself. I did not want to leave the living quarters because as soon as I left it would be a dark, empty and sunless void.

I wasn't lonely by myself, I had always been alone. It was something I was use to but the underworld just seemed to suck out all of my positive energy. I spent my first hour of the day looking through the library in an attempt to find something to read. I ended up just opening books, reading a page or two before putting it down to find a more interesting book. My mind wandered to my mother and how she must have been doing. If Hades had taken her soul she would have died, so I thought about how that would have happened and if I would have witnessed it. Hades hadn't taken my soul when he took me into the underworld so was I still alive?

I had so many questions but nobody to ask. I was sure that the king of the underworld was out attending to whatever it was he was in charge of.

When lunch time finally arrived I was summoned to join Hades. Another woman who seemed to be dead came to the room, an emotionless daze on her face. She ushered for me to follow, barely speaking a word. We ended up in the grand dining room, where Hades sat at the end of the table. He sat in a lazy position that would have given my mother a heart attack. He leaned back in his chair, an aura of power surrounding him with his face resting against his fist as his elbow rest against the arm of the chair. The Greek God barely glanced up as I approached the table, taking a seat besides him where the woman had pulled the seat out for me. He smirked ever so slightly as he took in my appearance.

I had always been a fan of skirts and dresses, so today I wore a green dress that was a soft cotton and had sleeves that went mid elbow since it was freezing in the underworld. My hair had been set into a French braid so I wouldn't have to deal with it for the day.

"Good afternoon." I spoke politely, avoiding eye contact with the beautiful man.

"You look beautiful." His words caught me off guard, receiving such a compliment from somebody as attractive and powerful as the God of the Underworld.

"U-um." I stuttered not knowing how to react before quickly spitting out my words. "Thank you!"

I blushed, and my face must have turned red because Hades threw back his head in laughter, amused at my expense. "Humans are so amusing."

He snapped his finger at that moment and the dead chef appeared pushing a cart full of food. She placed a bowl of soup in front of me among with a turkey sandwich that looked as if it would have been from a corner bakery. The soup was French onion, and smelled absolutely wonderful. I waited for Hades to be served, it was rude to begin to eat before anyone else but then noticed he hadn't been  served any food.

"Are you not eating?" The concern that laced my voice came from my natural instinct to take care of others and Hades must have been surprised by it and caught off guard for the first time since I met him.

"I do not need to eat as frequently as a human." He spoke, nodding at me to go ahead and begin. I finally understood that he was just ay the table for company and I decided to take the opportunity to ask him question.

"May I ask you a few things?" I spoke slowly, nervous of his answer.

"Of course." He continued to smirk at me, never once moving from his laid back position.

"Is my soul still in tact?"

"For now."

"So I am alive?" My eyes widened, and I smiled.

"Yes." His answers were curt, and to the point.

I fiddled with my spoon as I thought of the next question. "Why did you allow me to take my mothers place?"

"I was bored." The God simply stated before his smirk grew. "And you have a great ass."

My face must have turn bright red from his last comment. I narrowed my eyes at him. "You can't speak to women that way! Be a proper gentleman when you're in the presence of a lady!"

He raised an amused eyebrow as I scolded him before giving me a wicked grin that did all but stop my heart. "Who said that I am a gentleman?"

"Obviously you are not." I was still flustered from his comment regarding my backside.

"Anyways." He dismissed the current topic with the roll of his eyes. "I have a proposition for you, gataki."

The Greek rolled beautifully off of his tongue before I realized what he had just called me. I opened my mouth to protest but he continued on before I could let the words out.

"How would you like to become the Queen of the underworld and piss off my family?"