16 - Casual DNA Sharing and Moody Gods

I've been working on my YouTube channel more than I've been working on my writing and I apologize. I've also had really bad writers block but I'm forcing myself to work through it. Love you guys and thanks for the never ending support!

The next morning when I woke up I was alone. It wasn't as cold as it had been the night before but that still didn't keep the goose bumps from appearing on my skin. I was confused and somewhat worried about how Hades had behaved the night before- he had been cold and distant compared to how he normally behaved. When your a woman, you seem to second guess yourself when it came to men, so Hades not bothering to give me any kind of attention awoken a feeling I had never felt before. I doubted myself. Did he not care anymore? Was he abandoning me to live out the rest of my life in this cabin? Had he finally gotten what he wanted for me and realized he no longer wanted me around? I couldn't help but feel used.

I laid in the bed with the curtains drawn, not wanting to leave the little warmth it offered. A noise came from the other room and I sat up, hoping it was Hades.

"Your majesty?" Came from the other side of the door, notifying me that it had just been a gargoyle.

"Um... Yes?" I finally climbed out of the bed, making my way to the door and opening it to reveal the gargoyle.

"Lord Hades has requested your presence in the palace." I didn't recognize this gargoyle- he had a large scar across his face and his wings were tattered and torn as if he had gone to war. He spoke politely and properly compared to the rest of them.

"Thank you...?"

"Talias." The second his name was revealed I tried to remember where I had heard it before. I knew Talias was important amongst the gargoyle's but it took everything to remember. Suddenly a small blush crept over me as I realized when I had heard his name before.

"Why the palace?" That was strange. Why would Hades leave me in a cabin and then ask me to meet him in the Palace of the Gods? The confusion kept building.

"Olympus will fall tonight. That is all I can say." Talias gave me a weird gargoyle smile and left me to change my clothes.

I only had a pair of black jeans and an oversized grey long sleeve that I had stolen from Hades (it also smelled just like him) and a pair of combat boots. I left my hair down and let it form it's natural wave and quickly left the bedroom to meet with Talias.

"Alright your highness, you'll have to transport us to the palace."

"Uh... How?" I gave the gargoyle a look as if to ask what the hell he was talking about.

"With your powers of course."

"I don't have any.."

"You should. Lord Hades said he shared his DNA with you."

"What? When?!" Hades had injected me with his DNA to give me powers? I was never going to stop being confused with my entire life.

"Yes. A God can turn their partner into a Demi God by sharing their DNA. It can be done through a blood exchange, or sex." The gargoyle mentioned subtly. It dawned on me then that when I had been intimate with Hades and he refused to pull out it hadn't been because he had no self control (what I had assumed) and hadn't been to get me pregnant with his demon spawn. 

"That son of a-"

"Your majesty, time is crucial."

"How do I even transport us? I have no training! I didn't even know I was infected with evil God. Damn him!"

"I was wondering what was taking so long." A deep, familiar voice suddenly joined us. Talias and I both looked up to see none other than the God of the Underworld. He glared at me, an unusual cold look compared to how he normally behaved with me. "Couldn't resist speaking ill of me in the absence of my presence?"

Usually I would have been ashamed and apologized profusely but I was pissed off. It was a strange feeling, especially for someone who didn't have much of a temper. I made my way across the room towards him.

"How dare you!" I must have sounded like a kitten hissing because Hades rolled his eyes, which angered me even more. "I can't believe you would not only ABANDON me here, but you also injected me with your DNA? What the hell?!"

"Leave us." Was all Hades said, not once breaking eye contact with me, and suddenly Talias presence was gone. He immediately reached out and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into his large body. I was pressed against his chest as he held me against him roughly, ducking his head so that his lips could reach my ears. His voice dripped in venom as he spoke. "Don't you ever disrespect me like that in front of one of my subjects again."

I attempted to push away from the God but he was too strong for me. "Let go!"

He threw back his head and let out a laugh that I normally would have found beautiful and enchanting but it just felt like I was being mocked. He flashed me a smile, throwing me off at his sudden mood change. "Why are you so upset with me, my love?"

Butterflies flew around my stomach at his term of endearment but I didn't allow it to interfere with my anger. "You know what you've done! First you abandon me in this random cabin and then you-"

I lost my words suddenly when there was a large roar from outside the cabin. My eyes widened in surprise as I looked up at Hades who simply shot me a wicked grin. "It has begun."

He allowed me to break from his arms as I ran out of the cabin. The mountain was covered in flames despite the fact that it was raining. The wind picked up and I felt myself shiver, not only from the cold but also in fear. A large Titan- something I had thought to be a myth, held onto the base of the mountain making his way towards the palace. I felt arms wrap around me from behind and suddenly I was in a cave.

"Hades what is going on?" I could hear the panic in my own voice.

"Zeus' rein is over. The Titans have risen." Was all he said before he disappeared.

The first Titan had already struck and it wouldn't be long until Olympus would fall. Lightning struck in the sky, as I hid in the cave Hades had abandoned me in. I was cold, wet and pissed off, a terrible combination. I watched as the second Titan emerged, letting out a howl before he began to make his way towards the palace.