15 - The Mountain

Third Person POV

Hades appeared inside the Gargoyle den with the snap of his fingers. The den was dark and if he had been anyone else he wouldn't have been able to see around him. The first thing the gargoyle's noticed was that he was furious. The second was that he had smelled of the human girl, her scent all over him. The gargoyle's could only conclude that their king had just been with the girl and they had interrupted them. The gargoyle's immediately surrounded their king, obediently waiting for him to speak. Hades surveyed the room, eyeing each and every gargoyle before he finally opened his mouth to speak. "What happened?"

A few of the gargoyle's fidgeted nervously but the bravest and most loyal, Kylo, stepped forward to speak. "My Lord, if I may?"

Hades simply nodded at Kylo, waiting for the ugly beast to begin. The gargoyle looked around at his peers before continuing. "The Titans have agreed to join forces. We sent Talias to Mount Olympus to speak with anyone who would stand by the underworld if there was to be a war. Hermes caught him there and locked him in a cage."

"Has he kept quiet about my plans?" The God was planning something. There was nothing that would stop him and he would soon dethrone Zeus. He didn't care about controlling the Gods or leading them, he just didn't want Zeus in charge anymore and if that meant killing the god, then he would do just that. His plan had worked perfectly so far, the Gods all thought he was distracted by his little queen, when in reality she was their distraction. Hades had spent the past year with his eyes on the girl, infatuated by her beauty and innocence. He remembered when he had first come across her. He had walk the earth to clear his mind and think of his plan when he had come upon the cottage. He recognized the cottage of an old hag he had on his list for collection so he hadn't expected the beautiful young woman who tended to the garden. He had decided at that moment that when the time came, he would collect her for himself.

"Not a word, your majesty." Kylo guaranteed. The dark lord's face twisted wickedly.

"Put Cerberus on guard, I'm going to go pick up my package from that messenger." Hades smirked as he turned to leave.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I enjoyed dinner by myself as I sat in my library. Cerberus laid at the end of the couch with my feet pushed under his furry belly for the warmth. I hadn't seen Hades since that morning in his office and i hated how I felt. I missed him. Waiting for him to come home like a desperate puppy waiting for their owner. That was how I felt. It was getting late and I was growing tired, ready to give up on seeing my God that night.

I climbed into the bed I now shared with Hades, taking in his familiar scent and the soft pillows that overflowed onto the bed. When had I become so infatuated with him? Was it even that?

Suddenly the bedroom door opened and Hades entered the room, turning on the light and quickly moving around as if he was packing for a trip. I sat up, curious to find out what was happening. "Are you going somewhere?"

"We are taking a little trip." He flashed a suspicious grin that made my stomach twist nervously.

"Where are we going...?" I spoke slowly, my voice full of obvious suspicion.

"We are going to the mountains. Dress warm. Be ready in thirty minutes."

"Why are we-"

"Don't question me." Hades snapped, losing his patience. "Thirty minutes."

Thirty minutes later I was in the main room in a pair of jeans, combat boots and an oversized hoodie- not my usual style but if I needed to dress warm than it would work. Hades was no where to be found, which was strange for someone who was always precise with time. A familiar gargoyle stood in the room, looking nervous. When he noticed me he lit up with what seemed to be a smile before making his way towards me.

"Your majesty... I am to.... escort you to the.... cabin. Please... come right this way..." He mumbled most of his words slowly. He must have used whatever portal the gargoyle's must have to use to transport between relms because within a moment I was in what looked to be a log cabin.

And it was cold.

The gargoyle immediately excused himself to go outside. The cabin was small, a main room with a kitchenette, a bedroom and a bathroom. The furnishing was very minimalist as if it had barely ever been inhabited. The main room held nothing but a brown leather couch in front of the tiny fireplace, and there was a king sized bed covered in flannel and fleece blankets in the bedroom. I immediately wrapped a blanket around myself and climbed into the bed in an attempt to keep warm and finally get some sleep.

I couldn't fall asleep. An hour must have passed since I had finally laid down but I was shivering and it was cold even under all of the blankets.

Finally the door opened and Hades entered the bedroom. I immediately noticed the ripped shirt that was torn to where I could see his perfect chiseled body under. The God moved gracefully into the room, looking around as if to check and see if we were alone.

"Why are we here?" The question fell from my lips before I could even process what I was asking.

"The underworld isn't safe for you currently." Was all that Hades said before he turned and left the room as quickly as he had came.