XXIV

Well, they'd missed their curfew. Lauren came to terms with it when she woke up in the middle of the night. Camila's nude figure was practically attached to her own, still immersed in a deep sleep. Camila's limp body was weighing her down, and Lauren felt strange being naked here with her. Despite the way she loved their skin on skin contact, she felt weird about it. After carefully sliding from under Camila's sleeping frame, Lauren squinted in the darkness to find her discarded clothes.

"Where are you going?" Camila's quiet voice sounded from the bed, making Lauren halt her movements. She noticed as soon as Lauren had left, because she'd suddenly gotten cold.

"Nowhere," Lauren appeased her quietly. "I was just going to put on my clothes. I'm right here."

"Don't bother. Come back," Camila mumbled into the pillow and turned over to reach out for her.

"Camz, we're naked," Lauren giggled when her eyes got adjusted to the lack of light and she finally saw Camila's slender frame sprawled out on the bed.

"Wondrously so," Camila affirmed with a sleepy smile.

"You're not cold?" she wondered when she'd bent down to retrieve her underwear.

"No. You keep me nice and warm," Camila shook her head.

"As long as you're warm..." Lauren abandoned her mission and covered the distance from where she stood back to Camila. She kneeled onto the bed and draped herself over her girlfriend before tightening her hold and cuddling up to her.

"What time is it, baby?" Camila questioned when she was safely enveloped in Lauren's arms once more.

"I don't know. It's gotta be at least four in the morning," she predicted.

"Won't you stay til the A.M..." Camila started singing softly, rocking Lauren's body along to the nonexistent music.

"All my favorite conversations always made in the A.M..." Lauren sang along and hummed quietly afterwards.

"You are my favorite person," Camila grinned widely at her and leaned back to see her better.

"So are you," Lauren responded complacently, her voice making Camila's chest reverberate.

"You have such a pretty speaking voice, Lauren," Camila commented after listening to her significantly lower morning voice.

"Why, thank you," Lauren smirked at her direct compliment. She'd never been told such a thing. Camila made a goofy face at her, which in turn, she mimicked. They had a little funny face session that ended in a case of the giggles for both of them. "We're not going back to sleep, are we?"

"Nope," Camila giggled and nuzzled her face into the crook of her neck. Those feelings from earlier were definitely burning just as strong.

"I know," Lauren laughed and began to rub circles into Camila's lower back absently.

"What woke you up, anyway?" Camila wondered and ran her fingers through Lauren's hair.

"I have no idea," she admitted. "But when I did and I realized we were naked, I was like holy shit..."

"Is that why you were trying to put your clothes on?" Camila wondered aloud.

"Yeah. I hate sleeping naked," she shared and made a face, but saw how Camila pouted slightly. "But I love sleeping with you, so I guess I can manage."

"You're cute," Camila beamed at her. Yeah, she could definitely love her.

"Hang on, let me check to see what time it is," Lauren stretched away from her girlfriend slowly, with Camila's arm still hanging limply off of her back. She reached over to find her phone through their mess of discarded clothes and found it within a few seconds. When the screen lit up, her blood ran cold. "Babe..." Lauren called frantically, sitting upright and out of her loose hold.