SOL...YWMA [Ch. 32]

Previously: Long story short, Cory admitted that he wanted to be with Isyss. Like...literally be with her. Isyss was all *gasp* like all of you were lol. He also admitted that he's always treated Isyss different from the others, which sort of contradicts what Sandy said in the chapter previous to this previous lol. When she said that Cory treated he different from the others...Anyway, Sandy showed up, wanting to hang out with Cory, but he's all "Naw," and she's all "Aww" and then Quentin's all "I see what you're doing, Cory." And then Cory's all "Mind your damn business, Quentin." I'm paraphrasing, of course. Anywho, and now here we are...enjoy.

Chapter 32

"I need to get laid."

I couldn't hide the shocked chuckle that escaped my mouth as I looked at my best friend in disbelief; his bluntness catching me completely off guard. The young woman, whose name tag read Daniela, just about dropped the ice cream she was preparing for us. She glanced at Quentin with a face as red as the streaks in her hair.

Yes, Quentin and I are at an ice cream parlor. Yes, we were volunteered to come. And yes, we were outnumbered. I didn't mind being pushed out the door with an errand to run, especially if that meant I had time to interrogate Quentin about the pissing contest he had with Cory before we left.

But, his recent statement was so surprisingly random that it drew my attention from my nails.

"When's the last time you've..." I trailed off, saving the worker from further discomfort.

"It seems like an eternity," he admitted while looking at Daniela. Well, I'm not sure if he's actually looking at her or just spacing out, either or, it's got the poor girl's cheeks very red. She chanced a glance his way before quickly turning to the work space counter behind her.

There, another employee was preparing the smoothies we ordered. Daniela whispered something in the other girl's ear while looking over her shoulder at Quentin.

"Maybe that's why I'm so worried about everyone else's' relationships, because I don't have one of my own," he added on while easing further down the counter.

"Maybe. You know what? We should go out tonight. All of us, just like old times," I suggested when Daniela walked back to us and handed over our orders in drink carriers. I thanked her with a kind smile before joining Quentin at the cash register. I made to pay, but he insisted himself.

I rolled my eyes and stayed quiet, knowing better than to argue with a man about having enough money to pay something.

"That's what I need. Classes have been kicking my ass lately, what with finals around the corner. I just need a night to let loose. Maybe even find a chick to spend the night with, hell, maybe even two chicks," he said thoughtfully.

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Ok, who is this guy and what has he done with my best friend?

"Player," the cashier, whose nametag read Naomi, muttered under her breath with an eye roll. She's young, maybe sixteen or seventeen. Her long, curly hair was forced in a ponytail to prevent it from being in her face. I giggled at her remark, glad to see the young girl not swooning over a guy she "knows" is a womanizer.

I'm sure Quentin heard her, because his eyebrows shot up in an amused manner as he waited for her to hand over the change.

"You've definitely been hanging out with Cory for too long," I replied to him as we headed out and got in his car. Seriously though, I've never heard him talk so freely about sex before. Even when we were dating all those years ago, he was the person who kept that talk private.

As we drove back to Courtney's house, I got a call.

"Yes, Andrea," I answered while watching a mom walk with little girl across the street. The little girl, with hair as bright as a tulip, waved to us as she held her mom's hand with the other. I smiled and waved back to her. Soon after, Quentin began driving again.