SOL...YWMA [Ch. 18]

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again

Previously:

Previously: There was so much pent of tension between us. Hell, some would say there still is. I don't know. I had stored our relationship into a "To Be Continued" folder. Anyway, maybe my parents interrupting us that night was a sign; a sign that we just weren't ready to take it that far. No matter how much we wanted each other back then, it was never good timing. "I'm Sandra, but you can call me Sandy," she greeted me politely and friendly. She had brown, bone straight hair that was cut to her shoulders. Her skin was a caramel, brown tone, letting me know that she was African American. I looked her over. She was wearing a zebra printed shirt that hung loosely off both her shoulders, a pair of dark, blue jean skinny jeans, and some white shoes.

Chapter 18

"Okay! Let's pick teams!" Courtney announces with a lot more enthusiasm than I have right now.

"It's uneven, so someone with have to sit out and be the score and time keeper," Brent Daniels then says while draping his arm along his fiancé's shoulders. He then placed an affectionate kiss on her cheek and whispered something in her ear. Whatever it was caused her to giggle.

Anyway, we're all still sitting in the living room of the lovely soon-to-be married couple's home. Nothing much has changed since I returned back. Sandy was still sitting on Cory's lap, he was still casually holding her there, Quentin was still texting God only knows who on his phone, and Andrea was spaced out, twirling the ends of her hair with her fingers.

Also, there was a dry erase board sitting in front of the mantle. Yes, this is happening. We're about to play a game that test your skill in guessing, drawing, and speed...Pictionary. I must be honest; I'm not that good at this game. I mean, my guessing is great in some standards, but my drawing skill suck monkey balls.

I'm not even joking. I can't draw to save a man drowning man in his tub. "I volunteer myself to be the score keeper and all that jazz," I say with a raise of my hand, getting everyone's attention back to the game. Courtney, whom was recently whispering back into her man's ear, looked to me in shock.

"What? No, Isyss! You have to play. I want you on my team!" she insisted. I shake my head in protest. Seriously, I have no probably watching everyone else make fools of themselves, haha, it'll give me a good laugh.

"No, it's fine. I'll sit this one out," I let her know. Just then, Courtney and Quentin began trying to persuade me otherwise. Andrea even suggested herself being the score keeper so I can play.

"Guys, it's okay if she doesn't want to play. We know how she gets when she loses," Cory's voice broke through the rambling, causing a few chuckles along the way. I looked to him. He wore a small smirk on his face as he looked to me.

Seriously? Does he thing I'm a sore loser? No, wait, does he think I'll have no chance of winning? He must not know me very well. I raised a challenging eyebrow towards him. "Okay, I'll play. Girls against boys," I saw to everyone, although still keeping my eyes on him. When I spoke, his smirk became more prominent, like he's proud of an accomplishment. I'll show you who the loser will be.

With Andrea sitting out, that left Courtney, Sandy, and I as a team. We sat on one couch, as the three boys sat on the other. Andrea stood in front of the six of us. "Okay," she spoke, her voice holding authority. It reminded me of a gym teacher who's trying to prep everyone for the rope climbing challenge.

"Here are the rules people. Each team will have 30 seconds to guess what your teammate is drawing. The drawer cannot speak, use numbers, draw numbers, or letters. The drawer can only inform the team of whether their word is an action, person, object, etc. The drawers can also signal how many words are being used. If teammates don't guess the drawing by the time the buzzer goes off, you don't get the point. You will do as many cards as possible until the winner get five points. Five points when the game. Any questions?" she finished her instructors.