Chapter 10

Chapter 10
The Narrator.

                                      Tonight was the night. Everyone had prepared for this. Everything was perfect. There were no flaws, no mistakes that would be made- it was easily perfected if there were to be any issues.

           Jacob sat on his hotel bed, staring at the plain attire laid out before him. It was a simple black suit, tailored to fit him and show off his figure amazingly well, and a plain black mask that covered half of his forehead down to his nose. It wasn't very expensive, but money wasn't much of a problem to him. He hated that, though. The idea of him drowning in many riches and many people out there struggling to eat and only getting a few measly pennies for a day's worth of hard work. One day, when he was retired as Alpha and their children took over the pack, he and his mate could go to third world countries in places like Africa to donate money and give others the help they desperately deserved.

He didn't really approve of these gatherings, he'd been to many before, and they were always the exact same every year. Always the same boring event he'd grown to hate with a passion. Especially with no chance of him finding a mate, it'd become exactly like Christmas was to Scrooge before he grew to love it. Except Jacob would never grow to love The Alpha's Ball, not until Keirestu was proven wrong and it was true that he had a mate out there somewhere. The chances of that ever taking place were one in a billion, of course.

The Alpha's Ball is where all pack leaders meet with heirs, (if there are any) Lunas, Betas, and some other Supernatural Creatures to discuss new things like problems in the packs with Rogues and such, new and old peace treaties, but also to have a good time, mingle and full of opportunities to meet mates.

Everyone was expected to set a good example.

          It was almost half an hour in, and the party was in full swing. Glowing fairy lights were strung on the ceiling, the Christmas tree was brightly decorated with normal wolf decorations (none that contained silver), and the crystal chandeliers lit the hall up perfectly. Slow music played in the background at times, while others it was the band that had been ordered in singing pop songs- everything fit for a party. Waiters and waitresses (the Omegas of the pack that was hosting who had volunteered to help) carried trays of champagne, nibbles of food, or juice to hand out to the younger children. It was the perfect scene, the most wonderful time of the year. Some people had discovered their mates, others had not.

Others being one like Jacob or Princess to his friends and some others.

Because of this, Jacob was fed up. It was not even half an hour into the party and he was already being harassed by sluts!

As much as he wanted to leave, there was no way that he could. He wanted to stay the entire night- who knows, he could meet his mate. He would only leave early if he found her so that he could get to know her in private. He wanted to wait before he would mark her and claim her, he actually wanted to get to know his mate before all of that unlike many of those selfish bastards who forcefully marked and had sex with their mates without their consent.

His wolf would know before he did if they met his mate. It was always the same thing. The wolf knows before the human. It must be an animal instinct or something like that. His wolf, that went by the name of Andrew or Drew, wanted his mate as much as Jacob did.

Then those stupid girls came along.

Jennifer had tried to ask him to dance with her, but he declined. Anyone in their right mind would, with the horrifying pink dress she wore. He almost vomited at the sight of her when he first entered the hall.