Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Jacob.

             Tonight was it. It was officially the night. I was taking her out on a date. I was taking my wonderful mate out on a date.

Nervous, I straightened my shirt out, checking that it looked good. My fingers brushed through my hair, the dark locks silky and smooth. Just perfect for my mate. I had to look good. First impressions mean a lot to most people. If I didn't look decent, then who knows how this date could end.

Come on, Jacob. You can do this. It's just a date. One date.

Your first date.

With your mate.

Who is so stubborn you have to prove your worth to.

The one you will spend the rest of your life with. Hopefully. This really has to go well. She could reject you if it doesn't. But she could just as easily reject you if it does go well.

Shit.

I may possibly be fucked. I'll be fucked for eternity if she should reject me, I refuse to belong to someone else, I refuse to be with anyone but my destined soulmate. I don't care what my pack's customs are, I refuse to mate someone else in my destined soulmate's place. I'm bound to Ariel, and only Ariel.

Don't get me wrong or anything, I was ecstatic that she said yes and was excited to go out on a date with me- but I didn't really know what she'd like. She wasn't like many of the other girls I knew, so elegant dinners at fancy restaurants wouldn't work as great with her or things like cinemas may scare her because most cinemas are used for... other activities than watching the movies.

So, I decided to ask for Lexi's help, since I knew she would have a few brief, mind blowing ideas.

Or so I thought.

I told her some of the information I knew about Ariel and Lexi immediately came up with some, well, "okay ish" ideas. It wasn't anything that blew my mind, just stuff like bowling and a nice walk and going to a café afterwards like the Wolf's Moon Café etcetera.

They just didn't spark my interest as much as I would have liked.

One of the ones she said I actually really enjoyed, but I decided that would be around our fourth or fifth date (should we ever really get to that point) since it seemed too special for a first date. I wanted to save it for a different occasion. A special one.

Then, my grandmother Annie gave me the best idea when I last saw her. I loved it! I knew I would be able to, at least, win a second date with Ariel. I had been planning everything perfectly and had picked the perfect place for it.

I just hope Ariel approved of it...

Ariel.

          Tonight was the night.

He was taking me out tonight.

I was a little nervous, (of course, who wouldn't be?) and excited for this date. I mean, it was my first date after all and I didn't really know how I was supposed to act. I didn't know where we going, I didn't know I should dress. I guess I should just be myself and "let loose a little" as my friends said I should when I told them. I mean, of course I was going to tell them, they had already figured out something had happened when we both emerged from that store cupboard...

Damn, those kisses and those hands...

ACCALIA! There was a clear rosy blush on my cheeks now, many thanks to Accalia. Much appreciated.