Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Ariel.

My stepmother had shouted me down yet again, and I was eager to see what it was she was begging for this time. I was hoping it wasn't something as disgusting as the foot rub she asked me to give her yesterday. God, that was disgusting. She has really wrinkly feet, with bright blood-red nail polish pathetically painted onto her grubby nails. They're really sweaty as well and THEY HAVE WARTS ON THEM! I was literally screaming this in my head throughout the entire time:

GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS!

It still sends shivers down my spine, especially the part where she asked me to rub in between her hairy toes. The woman doesn't even shave her feet from time to time. So fucking disgusting I tell you, it took a lot in me not to throw up on them or even gag in front of her. Any movement of me showing disgust would have cost me a limb or two.

I went down the endless stairs and twisted corridors until I entered the parlour, where I assumed she was- obviously, I was right. As usual. Cause I'm a smart and sassy bitch if you didn't already know!

She was stood there with a broad smile, her face drowning in makeup, her imperfections fighting to break free like a neon-coloured orange goldfish struggling for breath and trying to get back in the water. Her midnight black hair hoisted into a large bun. I stood there silent, awaiting her next demands.

"I need you to go out and get these ingredients. The money is on the side. Once you get back, you will need to follow the recipe that will be left out for you. You have four hours. As soon as that is ready, you will need to clean the entire house. I want it... Sparkling. Then, you must help Isaac and the girls with their clothes and make yourself slightly more presentable. We don't want you looking like something that just came off the streets."

I remained quiet, somehow knowing that there may be something else she wanted me to do.

"Go! Before I change my mind about being nice to you!" She shooed me, shunning me away forever, and I ran out of there as fast as I could.

To be honest, I'm not sure what her being nice even looks or sounds like... It's kind of impossible to imagine if you haven't quite noticed...

I reread the list of ingredients five times, thoroughly making note of what we had and what we needed. I was shocked at the long list, which is probably why she gave me, at least, $250. She even wrote prices for all of the items and the places they were from, requesting any and all receipts- maybe assuming I would use some leftover money for my own personal gain.

I quickly arrived back home with the ingredients, followed the recipe for dinner, and soon I was onto my next tasks...

A few hours later...

Hours passed, and I was soon finished with all of my chores in good timing. It had turned dark outside, the light grey clouds floating in the sky, covering up the stars hidden in the deep blue blanket of darkness. My stepmother brought everyone into the parlour and gave us a few instructions to obey.

"Our guests for tonight are very special and important. They are friends of the great Alpha family the Princes. Treat them kindly and with respect. Or else." She glared at me when she mentioned the last line.

They knocked at the door seconds after, and I was dismissed into the kitchen to preparing to serve the dishes.

The dinner was going well so far, I had been doing well until... Well, this kept happening frequently:

My stepmother kept purposefully placing her feet in certain places when I was carrying things, so I almost tripped up a lot. I think one of the girls noticed it, but she didn't dare say anything. I wouldn't either if it was me.