Chapter 21

Chapter 21
The Narrator.

                     Jacob, to put it simply, was shocked. Shocked that yet again, his beloved mate ran from him. Shocked that she continued for the millionth time to run from him. 

Why did this keep happening to him?

Yes, he had indeed heard stories that most of the other Alphas had some trouble, but nothing remotely similar to this. Of course, there was the odd problem here and there with denial, secrecy, jealousy, possessiveness and refusal- but there was still nothing like his situation. Nothing where mates continually ran away from them. Of course, it happened once or twice, but it was never extreme as his problem.

He didn't know what he was to do. He didn't want to go after her, that would scare her away even more. Goddess knows he didn't want to make matters worse for himself, they were already heartbreaking, and going after her would surely cause the worst to happen.

"Alpha, perhaps we should go after the Luna?" Robert interrupted his thoughts.

"No," Jacob answered firmly. He would not go after her. That was his final decision.

"But Alpha-"

"No. We shall not chase after my mate. She will come to me when she's ready. Our mate bond is strong, so she will give in soon enough." Jacob was absolutely certain of it.

"But sir, what if she doesn't give in? What if she rejects you?" It was clear he wasn't going to give up so easily, like he could feel his Alpha's desperation for his mate.

Getting warmer Robert. Almost burning actually... So shut your face before I painfully shut it for you. Jacob thought, his wolf whimpering at the painful thought of his wonderful mate rejecting him. Losing her would break him inside as she was his one and only, the only beautiful girl he would ever want to be with in his life.

"She will give in. We will not chase after her. Listen to me when I say this Beta."

But Robert just had to add fuel to the fire didn't he?...

"Are you sure Alpha? She may be one of those weird wolves not want to have a mate or she-" Rob had started his sentence, but never got to finish it.

"NO! SHE DOES WANT A MATE! IF SHE THINKS THAT FOR A SINGLE MOMENT SHE DOESN'T WANT A MATE, THEN I WILL MAKE HER SEE! SHE IS MY MATE AND SHE WILL ACCEPT ME! I WILL NOT FORCE HER TO DO ANYTHING THAT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO, BUT SHE IS MY GODDAMN MATE! MY BEAUTIFUL MATE THAT KEEPS ON RUNNING FROM ME AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY! SO, NO! WE WILL NOT CHASE AFTER HER! WE WILL GO THROUGH WITH THE MASQUERADE PLAN! WE WILL DO EVERYTHING AS DISCUSSED! YOU WILL OBEY ME ROBERT! I AM YOUR ALPHA, YOU ARE MY BETA, AND YOU WILL DO AS I SAY! SO, IF I SAY WE DON'T GO AFTER HER- GUESS WHAT? WE DON'T GO AFTER HER!"

In a blind rage, Jacob punched the nearest wall violently. It didn't matter that this wasn't his own home and that it was, in fact, his mate's home- because it was also possibly the place that she had called hell for many years. The stupid bitch Freya would have to pay for it- there was no way he or his pack would pay for the damage with the current situation. He decided a visit to the pack's Alpha would have to do, he did need a name for his mate after all.

He saw the way that she looked at him before she fled. The emotion in her eyes. They held a glimmer of relief- if only for a few seconds. But then her demeanor changed to a cold, fierce one that showed nothing, no feelings or emotions, no signs of anything- not even in her stance or her body language. The only movements she made were when she ran, the sounds she made being the gasp that sounded when they looked at each other for the first time in a few weeks. No speech- no smile or anything to show she had a hint of caring about him in any way.