II - The Dangerous Moon

Hearing an old song, the man was distracted working and, as he lifted his arm to stretch it, he ended up hitting a loose screw with his hand, piercing his flesh. Immersed in pain, he began to curse in a low sound, not caring about the subtle drop of blood that dropped from the cut, reaching the water, arousing in the creature a new feeling: hunger.

Curious, it moved toward the little red stain that mingled with the water and absorbed it quickly. For a moment, the formless being seemed to vibrate with the new taste it had just discovered. And realized that it wanted more... For this, it waited patiently for the time to strike.

Analyzing the environment around it, it saw the newly installed pipelines, finding the perfect opportunity to search for a new way to feed itself.

It passed through the pipes that carried water to the Delta Station reservoir. Its body, gelatinous, absorbed all the living beings along the way, becoming bigger and stronger. It looked like a jellyfish, attracted by the taste of human blood, through the hundreds of receptors on the membranes that lined its dermis. After a while, smaller creatures, similar to it, started following, as if it was the queen. Death was coming, and the inhabitants of the colony had no idea of ​​the danger approaching...

____________________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.