VI - The Moon of Danger

A sergeant walking down the hall heard the strange noise of them moving. So, she decided to enter the reservoir room. When she saw the creatures with their transparent bodies, full of veins inflated with human flesh and blood, she fled into the corridor and activated the closing of the doors. The creature even spat its venom at her, but she managed to escape. The officer ran through the base, terrified, triggering all the available alarms.

The sergeant called the commander on the communicator and told him everything. Startled, he ran to the comando bridge.

"Where are you going in such a hurry, dear?", his wife asked as he passed.

"I'm sorry, but I have to run. I'll tell you all about it later...", he answered, not quite understanding the size of what was happening.

His wife looked at him curiously as he left, not thinking about how much their lives were at stake. The first thing the commander did upon arriving at the bridge was gather his officers and think of a way to stop those creatures.

"Prepare an assault team to attack this invader.", he told the security guards. "Get the laser weapons and grenades. Let's get them over.", said the captain, Henry Fox.

"Lieutenant Ghin, call a team of biologists... I want them to study the samples of these beings quickly to see what they are made of and what their weaknesses are."

"Yes sir."

"Sergeant Sunnya, I want a report on my desk about everything you saw due yesterday."

"Yes sir. I'll prepare it, immediately."

The soldiers walked to the weapons room and put on their combat gear. Some assault teams descended the elevators and others down the stairs to the lab. Scientists and biologists were sent along with them. Fox was monitoring through the base's monitoring systems the group that headed for the site of the invasion. The Commander observed through the cameras that they were several creatures, of the most diverse sizes, with the same slimy texture. They looked like jellyfish, but able to move quickly out of the water. He realized that they must have come from the lunar sea.

The men clashed with them, but it was in vain. All the teams, little by little, were being consumed by the creatures. Seeing that they were in danger of losing that battle, Fox warned the advanced bases of Mars about what was happening in Enceladus. But, unfortunately, there was no time to send help.

 But, unfortunately, there was no time to send help