V - The Moon of Horror

But all was not well on Saturn's moon. Because in the central reservoir of water, at the Base of Enceladus, some invading visitors began to arrive.

The hitherto unknown creature descended the faucet of the hematological analysis laboratory and ran down the floor, attracted by the odor of blood. It no longer had to eat those microscopic, unflavored archaebacteria. The precious liquid in the humans' veins was its purpose. The colloid began to take over the floor and the monster's eyes opened revealing that the viscous substance was a living being.

Soon after, a technician coming back from lunch arrived and stepped on the creature. At the same moment his feet were glued to the floor. He pulled his leg, wanting to release it, but the member did not obey it, it seemed more and more stuck to the pavement. The goop went up his leg and, at the same time, he felt a very strong pain in the skin, which felt like it was burning, as if it was being sucked. The worker placed his hand in it and then the situation worsened because his hand stuck to the thing. As much as he struggled, his body was covered by the creature, until it was all wrapped by the animal that devoured him completely, causing him to disappear without a trace.

 As much as he struggled, his body was covered by the creature, until it was all wrapped by the animal that devoured him completely, causing him to disappear without a trace

An engineer approached, not imagining what was happening. He watched the gelatinous substance leaking through the reservoir and looked at the tank for leaks. He saw that on the ceiling there were a few drops of the same substance dripping toward the floor. And without him noticing, the creature began to climb up his boot, just as it had done with the other man. One of the smaller creatures climbed the wall, drawing the man's attention. As he approached, driven by curiosity, he received the squirt of a greenish liquid, which made him strange. The poor man saw the wall grow and shrink in front of him, the colleagues who came in to help him looked colorful. The man smiled a mad smile, but it was too late for any reaction. Other small beings came from the most different places, expelling the same substance on the other technicians.

The creature that moments before had delighted in human flesh began to squirm, as if something within it evolved, changed, inspired by the complexity of the human body. The being grew into the silhouette of a humanoid and, like a serpent, opened a gigantic, inhuman mouth, swallowing the nearest victim in its entirety. In this case, it was the poor engineer who was delighted to see the colors that only occupied his mind. The other smaller creatures, as if expecting an order that the human ears were unable to hear, devoured the other men who were in the place. No alarm was sounded, no death announced.

The gelatinous beast commanded the other creatures as if they were connected telepathically. So, the monstrous cortege began to move, crawling through the halls for more blood.

___________________________