IV - The Romantic Moon

And he, embarrassed, answered her, even though he knew he might not like what he was going to hear:

"Maybe I will not see you again. The distance between the colonies is great. Time is short and space is long. If only space-time bridges or teleportation existed, it would be great. But I think it will take a long time to be figured out.", he breathed before continuing. "I wanted you to know that I really liked you. I think you are pretty and smart, and could spend hours talking to you."

He put his hand over hers, but Sarah tugged her hand aside discreetly so nobody noticed. She was embarrassed by his statement.

"If I had a compromise with someone, I would not go to the holographic theater with you. I do not have anyone at the moment, but I don't like things that happen quickly. I don't even know you! Maybe something will happen between us, but let's just let things be natural, okay?"

"I hope I have the time you need. As far as I'm concerned, I'll stay here as long as it takes for you to like me...", he assented. "See you tonight, then."

He got up, walked over to her and kissed her lightly on the cheek. Sarah was surprised, as this was not common among officers, but she smiled at him. Cordon returned the smile, with a feeling of hope in his heart, knowing that there was a chance for him. After all, Sarah had not said yes, but she did not promptly reject him... And the lieutenant had agreed to go to the movies with him. It would be a good opportunity to get closer.

 It would be a good opportunity to get closer