VIII - The Moon of Chaos

They ran from the monster, stumbling on things along the way, despairing. Sarah ended up falling on the ground and Cordon was already far away when he missed her. The officer turned quickly and caught her by the arm, lifting her.

"Come on, Sarah. Run!"

The lieutenant went on, limping. Her knee was cut, splashing blood on her clothes and floor as she ran.

"My knee hurts.", she complained.

"Do not stop, Sarah. Otherwise you will not have a knee to hurt or walk. Come with me, hurry!"

The lieutenant ran as the monster threw its venom at them. The thick, greenish liquid clung to the walls, almost hitting the couple. When they arrived at the ship, Cordon ran to the lab and opened the safe. Sarah closed the door behind them.

"Cordon, I think we're all going to die! You can't fight these creatures

"Cordon, I think we're all going to die! You can't fight these creatures. We've gotten to the end of the colony."

"Do not lose hope. Not you, who told me about our spirit of survival."

"Yes, you're right. Let's fight for our lives.", she glanced down, trying to catch her breath, but saw one of them already slipping under the door.

She put her hand to her mouth as her heart pounded. She picked up a freezing weapon and pointed to the door. Cordon also got a gun, which was being tested in the laboratory. It released highly harmful gamma rays to the cells of any living being. This ray, having the length of a very short electromagnetic wave, altered the organic structure and the cells languished until they perished.

"Get away, Sarah!"

She stepped back and, after firing several times at the creatures, felt that the weapon did no harm to them. Sarah froze the invaders again, and the lieutenant took the few minutes to push the creatures, frozen like popsicles, through the ship's hangar into outer space.

After getting rid of the things, Cordon contacted Fox.

"Captain. How is the situation at the Base?"

"It's ugly here. It is impossible to defeat these invaders. They've already killed most of the crew.", the commander replied. "We're sending the kids and the old ones first to the escape ships and we'll be right after."

"Sir, I suggest you do this as soon as possible."

"Roger, Lieutenant. I'm out."

The Base was a real chaos with explosions and shots to all sides. Soldiers tried to kill the creatures as they could, while people fled desperately to reach the dock. Some were devoured by the viscous monsters and others were able to arrive unharmed to the ships.

_____________________________