{2} Truth

Stefan and Damon were stood around a desk in the Salvatore library, looking down at a picture of the three of them. Stefan had his eyes on her smiling face; and his own face lighting up with a smile, he was sure she said a funny joke to get them all to laugh. Damon had his arm thrown across her shoulders and his head thrown back with laughter. Daisy was in the middle of the two boys her arms around both their waists, a massive smile on her face.

Elena and Caroline walked into the library, seeing Stefan and Damon looking down at something very intensely, sharing a confused glance, Caroline used her vamp speed to race over and pick up whatever they were looking at.

Stefan's heart was in his throat, he didn't want them to know her. He wanted to keep her memory for just Damon and himself, he should probably be more open to telling Elena, but he knew she would want to know every detail. She would pry into her life and that was just not Elena's business.

Damon was furious. The girls thought they had every right to know everything about everybody, but not this time.

Elena and Caroline were staring down at the photo, a smile graced across Caroline's mouth because she thought this was the happiest she had ever seen the Salvatore's. Elena was instantly jealous, looking at the way Stefan looked at this girl made her sick. She wondered if Stefan ever looked at her like that.

'I'm guessing another girl the Salvatore's fell in love with, am I right?"

Elena spoke in a clipped tone, looking up from the photo seeing Stefan's pained look and Damon's furious one.

"Don't speak about her like that Elena; you know nothing about her"

Damon didn't hold back on his thoughts, especially when he was angry. Elena's bitchy look quickly disappeared when she saw how mad both the brothers were at her comment.

Caroline was shocked by Damon's words and Stefan not sticking up for her. Damon wouldn't speak to Elena like that, only if she did something really wrong. Stefan however would always stick up for his girlfriend, but this time he didn't, she wanted to know why.

"Who is she then?" Caroline spoke with a gentle tone, not wanting to set either of them off.

"She is none of your business, both of you" Damon was still angry as he walked over and snatched the photo from her hand.

"Stefan...?" Elena tried her boyfriend.

"I think Damon said it clear enough, she's none of your business"

Stefan's eyes held pure anger, not the type that would go away once Elena batted her eyelids or said sorry, but rage no one could calm down.

Stefan's eyes darted between the three others daring someone to say something, anything. A single word would probably set him off.

He was still staring when he got an idea.

"Fine, you wanna know who she is? You wanna dig up facts about a dead girl? Let's go"

Damon vamp sped over to Stefan and pushed him against a wall, obviously not happy with his brother's decision.

"What the hell do you think you're doing brother?"

"I'm doing what is right! If we don't tell them they are going to try and dig up everything they can about her, is that what you want? Huh having to hear her name every day, you wanna feel that heat in your heart?"

Damon stood back, still puffing from anger; he turned with a murderous look in his eyes.

"If after this day you mention a single peep about her I will kill you"