{4} Old days

"Stefan! Stop" Daisy laughed, running from Stefan.

Stefan was chasing her through the gardens behind her house; her father had grown a maze after Daisy expressed her love for them, she found her interest in them when she was just a small child. Within this maze there was a hidden courtyard that no one knew about, well except for Stefan and Damon of course.

"No! Not until I get my shoe back!" Stefan shouted back, laughing.

"Well if you wanted it that bad you shouldn't have thrown it at me!"

They reached the hidden courtyard and stopped to catch their breath, running and laughing sure did make you lose your breath. Daisy brought her hands behind her back and switched the shoe from hand to hand. Stefan just stood there; looking quite ridiculous only wearing one shoe.

"I'll give you back your shoe if you can guess which hand it's in; if you lose you have to..."

Daisy fell silent, what did she want him to do?

"Come on Daisy, we don't have all day"

"Hush, I'm thinking"

Like a light bulb, Daisy knew what she wanted Stefan to do.

"I know! If you don't guess correctly I want you to tell me a secret"

Stefan rarely kept things from Daisy Strongmore; he knew she would eventually find out. Her instincts and gut feelings were so well refined she trusted them with all her being. With a roll of his eyes he crumbled and said fine.

Daisy held the shoe in her right hand; she closed her eyes and pressed her lips into a thin line hoping she would give Stefan no hints.

Stefan held his hand up to his chin and stroked his non-existent beard, a smile cracked across his face and one also creeped upon Daisy's face, she had cracked an eyelid open but quickly shut them again when he almost made her laugh.

"Alright, I choose the left hand"

Daisy's face spread into a grin and she held out her empty left hand. Stefan's face dropped. A loud laugh escaped Daisy's lips while a gasp escaped from Stefan's.

Daisy threw the shoe at an unsuspecting Stefan, he didn't catch it, instead it just fell to the floor, and this seemed to wake him from his trance. He bent down and picked up his shoe and went to the nearest bench.

"Come on then didn't you want to know a secret?" Daisy rushed over and sat next to Stefan, their hands lightly touching.

Daisy pulled a strawberry blonde piece of hair behind her ear, watching Stefan intently. He was watching her back with the same intensity; he rolled his eyes as she cheekily smiled at him.

"Well, there's this girl-"Daisy sucked in a quick breath, feeling suddenly awkward. Why was she feeling like someone had just punched her in the gut?

"-She is the most beautiful girl in the world, but I don't think I even have a chance with her."

"Well if my opinion counts for anything, I think any girl would stupid if she said no to you."

Daisy's playful mood changed to a sad and discouraged one. She would give the world to be the girl who Stefan loves but she was sure he only looked at her like his best friend.

Stefan smiled talking about Daisy; he definitely did think she was the most beautiful girl in the world and he would love to tell her how he felt but he would rather have her as his best friend then her reject him and not have her in his life at all.

"Come on, I'll race you back to the house."

---

A bleary eyed Daisy woke up on a couch in a house that definitely was not her own, she sat up slightly but was pushed back down by a weight on her legs. She looked down and saw a certain black haired vampire clinging to her, she just groaned and kicked him until he let go of her and rolled of the couch onto the floor.

"What the hell!"

"Can you guys please shut up I'm trying to sleep"

Daisy just snuggled back into the surprisingly comfy couch, Stefan closed his eyes again from the couch opposite her while Damon found a comfortable position on the floor. Daisy couldn't help but feel amazing in that moment. She had just been reunited with the former love of her life as well as her best friend. She wanted to spend every moment she could with them.

"Hey guys?"

Replies came within the form of grunts and groans, she continued on anyway.

"Today I want you to take me to all the best places in the new and apparently improved Mystic Falls, but I doubt it will be better than before because, come on its Mystic Falls"

She started giggling at herself which made the boys join in, soon they were all hysterically laughing at, well nothing really. The front door opened and closed but they didn't notice.

Elena walked in, Caroline and Bonnie in tow. Elena had told Caroline that the girl they had learnt about was very much alive and she then told Bonnie everything she had missed. Caroline didn't believe until she saw it, so she convinced the other two girls to come with her to meet her. Elena had kind of met her, she was there when Damon brought her home but when Stefan and her were catching up she slipped out. She didn't do it out of jealousy but out of understanding of the fact that he had just been reunited with a long lost friend.

They all stood at the entrance of the living room, being faced with three laughing vampires, two on couches and one on the floor, all in hysterics. It was nice to see Damon and Stefan this happy, but Caroline still wanted to meet this girl so she cleared her throat loud enough to grab everyone's attention.

"Hey blondie, nice to see you, but were just a bit busy right now." Damon very quickly got a kick to the head from Daisy.

Daisy stood up from the couch still death glaring Damon, she smoothed out her clothes and walked over to the girls. "Sorry about him, he's not quite got the concept of manners yet. I'm Daisy Strongmore"

Her outstretched hand was pushed away as Caroline instead hugged her, Daisy didn't quite know what to do, but she eventually put her hands on Caroline's back.

"Hi, I'm Caroline, this is Bonnie Bennet, witch-"Bonnie held her hand up and waved at Daisy and got a sweet smile in return.

"This is Elena Gilbert, doppelgänger." Daisy was taken aback by the resemblance of the bitch that ruined her life.

"Katherine's doppelgänger, huh, I'll try not to hold it against you" Daisy meant her words but she accompanied them with a smile.

---

Yay! Another chapter done, sorry it took so long to update, school started again as well as my mums birthday. I'll try and update more but I've been bombarded with assignments. Oh well, please enjoy and as always I do not own The Vampire Diaries in no way am I trying to copyright it, I do however own Daisy Strongmore and her plotlines.

-Kisses Em