{3} Hello

"Hey kiddo, I miss you, you know? It's been really hard around here without you; I could really use some of your killer advice."

Damon let out a laugh, trying to keep his tears at bay, a lump was forming pretty quickly in his throat and he was sure his voice sounded extremely shaky.

"This might sound weird but I've fallen in love with Stefan's girl and wait till you hear the best bit, she's Katherine's doppelganger. I'm sorry that I let Katherine take you away from me and I'm especially sorry that I didn't even know it was her until a century later. She killed you as a part of her sick little game; you did not deserve to be a piece in her game. You deserved the world and I wish you got it."

Damon was crouched in front of a centuries old gravestone with tears running down his face, he never cried, never. He just wanted to hear her complain about the dress she was wearing or see her grumpy face when Stefan forget he was supposed to take her to the store, all these little things he wished he could see one more time. His usual reaction to all these feelings was to just turn everything off, but this time he wanted to be strong for Stefan and mainly for himself.

"You know, I still wish one day you will turn up and say 'did you miss me?' and you would hold your arms open and smile. I sometimes dream of it and when I wake up I realise it was a dream and I want nothing more than to fall asleep and re-live that dream but reality is reality and you are gone. I love you Daisy sweet eyes."

Damon fell from his crouched position onto his knees, his head fell forward into his hands and his body racked with sobs. He didn't understand why he was so grief-stricken; he wanted to be free of all these emotions. He didn't think his heart could handle any more hurt. He wanted his old life back, the one where she was still alive and the one where he was happy and Stefan was about to go to the founder's ball with the girl he loved and most importantly the one that Katherine didn't exist in.

"I'M SORRY" He yelled.

He yelled and he cried; and unsurprisingly he didn't feel any better. None of his suffering and none of his pain were gone. His mind drifted back to turning off all his emotions, he wanted to. He had never felt this much pain over her memory, usually he could hold it all back. Not this time.

"Did you miss me?"

Damon stood up spun around as quickly as he could and saw her, he saw Daisy. He was sure someone was playing a trick on him, she is dead. She has been dead for a hundred years, he looked at her and she stood there still as beautiful as ever. She was still breathing, wasn't that Damon's wish? To have her alive saying 'Did you miss me?'

Daisy came and visited her grave often; she needed a reminder of what she used to be. She was not the same girl she once was. Her happy attitude toward everything eventually led to her demise, so when she became a vampire, that was the first thing she changed.

She was always at war with herself, she wanted to stay the person who had the two best friends in the world, but she always needed to be a vampire. She needed to have the ability to stay alive.

When she visited her grave it was when she forgot who the old Daisy Strongmore was, not the blood thirsty vampire, just Daisy. The girl who lived like tomorrow was her last day and who could never leave the house without perfume.

Without warning Damon came rushing at her and pulled her into the biggest hug ever, both of their heads found home in the crooks of each other's necks. Damon's hand came up and cradled her head like she wold disappear at the slightest of touches. They did not let go or talk for a long time, both savouring each other, to Damon, Daisy smelt like home, she wore a perfume that reminded him of her favourite one from 1863. But to Daisy, Damon's arms felt like home, like she finally belonged somewhere after all this time.