{10} Old friend, how are you?

"No, no, no I didn't strand you. I was just extremely late."

"No Stef, you were an hour late and I didn't even get an explanation as to why you were late!"

"I was... doing things"

"I call bullshit!" Damon butted into the heated conversation Stefan and Daisy were having. The two arguing vampires both stopped to glare at Damon, they were arguing over something that happened more than a century ago, back when they were human.

"You had told me I mustn't be late and then an hour goes past of me waiting, so I left and then when I returned you were nowhere to be found until dinner time, which even then you didn't even look at me" Daisy huffed.

Stefan closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them and replying, "I can't tell you what I was doing" Daisy was really getting sick of Stefan skirting around answering her question. The argument was about a day back in 1863 when Stefan left Daisy stranded when he was supposed to escort her into town. It was a simple discussion until Stefan refused to tell her the answer. "Why not?! It has been over a hundred years what could you have possibly been doing? I don't care if you were going through my underwear draw for god's sake!"

"No, but I care if you were going through her underwear draw" Damon was just ignored.

"Fine! If you are so hell bent on knowing, I was in your garden –"

"Stef you know her underwear is in her bedroom, right?" Stefan glared at Damon.

"Look, I know where her underwear is and I wasn't looking for it. I was going to pick you a flower but I saw someone rushing around so I followed them and when I had finally picked you a flower and got to the bench you were gone" Stefan had a troubled look fall across his face as he told parts of his story. Daisy wanted to know what he saw but she knew that when the troubled look upon his face she shouldn't ask, she realised if he didn't want to talk about it, he wouldn't tell her no matter how much he asked. And anyway she could just ask Damon later when Stefan fell asleep.

The argument was pushed to the side and silence fell upon the vampires. Daisy took this time to look around, she noticed all types of people; ones who were in-love, ones who were looking for love and even ones who hated love. Since Daisy had been re-united with the brothers she had totally forgotten about what she wanted to do with her life. She thought that if she had eternal life, she might as well help people who are not as fortunate as herself live their lives to the fullest or at least longer then they had been given. Over the last hundred and something years Daisy had already been to school, she earned herself a degree in crisis management and humanitarian work. She loved the fact she earnt it herself and didn't compel anyone, it was her own, the feeling of helping those sick mothers who have four children to feed really helped Daisy through the roughest times in her life.

That's what made her and Caleb so close, they both loved to help others, even if it was just their friends, but the endgame was making others better and for a while they achieved that.

"I don't mean to bring up the elephant in the room or anything but we need to figure out a way to get rid of Daisy's creepy ex-boyfriend when he comes knocking on our front door" Damon snapped Daisy out of her thoughts.

"Wow Damon way to put it subtly" Daisy moved her body to roll her eyes at Damon.

"No Damon's right, if he is as big bad and scary as you say we need to be ready"

"Well I have it covered; all I need is a werewolf"

"Want fries with that?"

Daisy proceeded to flip off Damon, as Stefan looked up at the door as someone entered. He immediately tensed up as he saw who it was. Stefan scooted closer to Daisy when a figure approached their table. Daisy stopped laughing at Damon and looked up at what had freaked Stefan, when she saw who it was her throat went dry. However, it was in a good way. Daisy never did well in these situations, she wanted to say something mysterious or something like that, but instead she spoke the words she was thinking before she could catch herself, "Shouldn't you be dead?"

---

"Wait you know Klaus?"

"So that's your name"

"Hello love"

"Well call me confused and give me a beer"

Klaus smiled at Daisy's word vomit. He kept his eyes focused on Daisy's, they were both making sure what they were seeing was real, well Klaus knew it was real he was the one to come looking for her, he had heard through the grapevine of a new vampire was in Mystic Falls who had flowing strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. He knew immediately it was her and had to come back and find her, ever since that night in the French mansion he never forgot her but if only she wasn't with the two vampires he hated most. He could see Stefan tensing up at the sight before him; Klaus just knew to make him jealous so he said "What are you doing with these chumps love?"

Daisy laughed, pulled her hair behind her ear and replied "These chumps are friends, be nice" Klaus laughed and winked at her. Daisy just couldn't believe that within a few days she reunited with her two former best friends and now the man she met at a French mansion who had stunning blue eyes that put her green ones to shame. Daisy could definitely feel tension brewing between the three men.

"Here love, meet me here at six tonight and we can catch up, we have a lot to talk about since our first meeting" He walked away before Daisy even got to reply.

Stefan turned to her and said "You are not meeting him" Stefan could feel the anger and jealousy bubbling around inside him; over his dead body would she be meeting him tonight. Klaus was just trying to get under his skin and he was succeeding. He looked over at Daisy and she seemed to be in a trance, Stefan waved his hand in front of her face to try and get her attention. She finally looked over at him, Stefan noticed she had a look in her eye he had never seen, he couldn't quite place his finger on what it was but it told him not to worry she had a plan in mind.

---

Myles had been travelling for a long time, his body felt numb in the driver's seat as he looked out the window at unfamiliar sights. His passenger had fallen asleep hours ago, with nothing to stimulate his mind he started thinking of ways to finally kill the thing that was inside of his best friend. Myles knew that Daisy would already start putting pieces in play and this time they would be ready for him.

(A/N) Thank you all for waiting so long, I went in a ten day holiday and didn't take my laptop. Updates should be coming more frequently now however I do need to focus on school as well, but don't worry I will update this story until it's done.

Xoxo Em.