Chapter 7

NOT EDITED! ENJOY! (:

------

“Oh, come on, I don’t want to hit a girl,” Eli whined, stomping like a five year old. He crossed his arms over his bare chest, pouting his lips.

The representatives of the Crescent and Stone pack were giving Beau and me their undivided attentions. Although we were in September with the weather getting much colder, the men were shirtless and the women wore tank tops and sweats. Leave it to werewolves to sweat buckets with the temperature below sixty degrees Fahrenheit.

My mind was still reeling with the fact that we found a lead towards our investigation. This was beneficial. We would know how to better prepare ourselves when the hunters and the rogues decide to attack us. However, for now, Beau and I kept our investigation between us until we get farther into it.

“That’s not the reason you want Beau instead of me, is it?” I teased, circling around Eli. “You obviously don’t think I’m a challenge.”

The first part of our training consisted with working out in our human forms, which most packs do. One thing we try to avoid is our animalistic side dominating our human side. That would lead to many tragedies and deaths.

As Healers, we start with grappling. I remember when I first started training with the Healers. I was pinned down in a second flat. By now, I was stronger and faster.

Therefore, here I was circling Eli while Beau and Jet already started grappling. Eli complained when he found out he was assigned to me. He thought I wasn’t as challenging as Beau was.

“It’s not that,” Eli lied, eyes widening. “I don’t want to hit a girl.”

I used my inhuman speed to grab Eli’s arm, pin him on the ground face down, and sit on top of him. Eli groaned when I pushed his arm farther behind his back. There were a few snickers from the people watching.

Weston’s gaze made my skin tingle with heat. I tried to ignore it, but the lust in his eyes made me want to jump him right there and then. However, I had to remember that he wasn’t mine and I wasn’t his anymore.

“Just a little tip,” I said loudly so everyone could hear. “Do not underestimate your opponents. Even if they are girls. Expect the unexpected.”

“I wasn’t ready,” Eli defended, his words muffled by the ground. “Let’s try this one more time.”

I nodded, getting up to my feet and dusting the grass off my black tights. Eli lunged for me, but I dodged it. I yawned when I dodged another one of his lunges. I smirked.

“Show off,” Eli muttered.

When Eli got a hold around my waist, I let him tackle me to the ground. He smiled, thinking he got me. However, I took a grab of his arm and twisted it. He let out a painful groan before laying in the grass next to me.

“You’re good,” Eli gasped, shaking out his arm. He ran in the direction of the lake.

When I looked at Beau, he moved on to Abigail telling her tips while she nodded. Jet had already started running towards the lake where he would have to swim ten laps and meet the rest of the group in the woods to play a game of hide and seek. Hide and seek was another way of testing your senses.

I remember the time that Weston helped me trained. That was one of my favorite training exercises. I quickly shook off the painful memories, smiling at Jade as she approached me.

Jade and I circled around each other, her blue eyes shining with anticipation. When we neared each other, she made a quick lunge to the left as a fake. This caught me off guard. I moved to the opposite side as an instinct like she had planned. She quickly caught my legs in her small arms, tackling me to the ground.