Chapter 18

NOT EDITED

----

After the announcement, a huge commotion broke in the conference room. The men wanted join this fight too to protect their family. The females were frightened. The teenagers were quiet, but I could tell what they were thinking. They wanted to stay away as much as possible. The little kids really didn’t understand what was going on. After all, they were so young.

We, the representatives, were speechless. We didn’t know how to respond to the news, but we saw it coming anyways. We knew it was bound to happen. We stood there, trying to regain as much composure as possible in front of the frightened crowd. However, I could feel the fear rolling off of each one of us.

I would be lying if I said I were prepared. I was anything but prepared. Frightened wasn’t even the right word to describe what I really felt. My stomach was hurting. My head was pounding. The more I dwelled on the situation, the more reality hit me.

We could be dead any second.

With one shoot of their gun in the right place, we would kiss our lives goodbye.

We had to do this though. The only things motivating us were our family, the ones we loved, and the survival of our packs. We needed to do this. There was no thought of backing down for us.

 When Weston and Jarred had finally convinced the men that they were forbidden to fight in combats unless it was deemed necessary, they reassured the crowd that everything was going to be fine. Eventually, the crowd walked out of that conference room frightened nonetheless. Some individuals wished us good luck and thanked us for our bravery.

Little did they know we were shaken in the inside.

After the crowd left, that was when the representatives broke down. We were firing questions at nobody in particular. We were ranting aloud. We were sharing our anxiousness with one other.

I guess it only enhanced the commotion when Weston decided to explain the whole story to the representatives. I reassured him that they would understand and they deserved the right to know what was going on. It took him a couple of minutes to say everything. He told them everything, including the news that we’ve been seeing each other.

I guess I didn’t need to explain to Beau after all.

A blush crept its way up my cheeks when I received shocked gazes from my friends. They turned their heads to study Weston whose eyes were fixated on the marbled tiles.  Their mouths hung open and everyone looked absolutely bewildered.

“Oh my gosh,” Jade whispered.

Soon, everyone had something to say about it besides Jarred who knew the whole story.  

“If I ever see that girl ever again, I will tear her to shreds,” Stacey growled.

“What the fuck,” Beau muttered, not knowing what else to say.

“Have you found a way to protect us from wolfs bane?” Charles asked urgently.

“I always thought she was a bitch. I never liked her,” Jet spat out, crossing his arms over his chest.

“When the hell did everything get so fucked up?” Dustin grunted.

 “Psychotic, desperate, disgusting, freaky, slut,” Abigail said every word with disgust.

“I don’t want Abigail fighting this fight,” Eli said eventually. We all stared at him. It was rare to see Eli so serious. If he was this serious, he didn’t leave any room for discussion.  “She’s still ill.”