Chapter 8 - Confusion

Hello guys! Click the video link when you see the ~{x}~ okay? Don't forget to vote and comment! :D

Track title: "Sleigh Ride"

=====

Chapter 8

CONFUSION 

________________________________________ 

     They appeared inside the workshop (be it workshop, palace, mansion, or fortress, since all Clara knew was that the place was vast), the gigantic oak entrance remained closed behind them. 

     Clara had to remind herself that she had a mouth to close. 

    ~{x}~

    While she stared at the majesty of the place, the actual place where every child's Christmas present was ever made for hundreds of years, she thought that she will never get tired of this magnificent scene. 

    This had to be the world's best-kept secret of all time. 

    "Are you kidding me?" Clara shrieked at Jack excitedly with the biggest smile on her face. 

    A happy tingle here and there on her fingertips made her know that it was cold, but at least it wasn't making her cower in a corner. The portal closed behind them. The trip made her stomach a bit queasy but she ignored that. 

    She eagerly pulled the Winter Spirit along to look around the place, not a care in the world if Jack's been here before or not. 

    The workshop was just like a big mansion, big enough to actually require lifts to travel up and down the different levels. There was so much action everywhere!  

    She caught sight of the flying toys overhead; they appeared to be acting without someone or something behind a control unit. 

    Magic, Clara thought.  

    The noise was tremendous! Jingles of thousands of tiny bells were heard, as well as the movement of unseen machinery and intriguing animalistic grumbles of large creatures that Clara had yet to see. 

    The workshop smelled like cinnamon, and a bit of peppermint and chocolate as well -- just how you imagine Christmas would smell like. 

    "If I were to break in here, I'd never leave," she said absentmindedly. 

    Jack replied to that with a smirk that hinted his immaculately white teeth. "Already tried; never got past the-" 

    "WHOA!" Clara dropped her heavy duffel when she saw the massive, shaggy beasts rushing about. "Abominable snowmen!" she exclaimed. Clara pointed excitedly to the grey one whom Jack recognized as Phil. 

    Several eight-foot tall furry creatures towered over the two teenagers as they carried on chasing red blurs near the ground. 

    The abominable snowmen were fully covered in fur, the section near their head was held up with a band to keep it away from their face similar to a ponytail. 

    The sight was nearly hilarious when they chased what Clara suddenly identified as elves. 

    "They're Yetis, Clara," Jack corrected her jokingly. She let go of his hand to grab at an elf running past them. 

    "ELF!" she yelled in delight, making him laugh. 

    Her reflexes were astoundingly quick, since Clara had the frenzied elf in her arms in a tight hug within a blink of an eye.