Chapter 13 - Flight, Light, & Plight

Dedicated to all my readers :) Congrats to those of you who've reached this far into the story. Thanks so much for putting up with the wait and the slight confusion in the story (if any) xD Love you guys. Just putting it out there...

Enjoy and vote, okay? :D And comment "So bright!" if you've read this far. Thank you all, and much love.

Your loving author,

Nicole

UPDATE: Click the video when you see the -> ~[x]~

=====

Chapter 13

FLIGHT, LIGHT, & PLIGHT 

________________________________________ 

    No matter how much she tried protesting, Clara couldn't get North to let her come with them to the mission. She can't just sit there, can she? 

    She wanted to help. She shared their troubles now. The Chaos reigned over her dreams each night, and Clara had a burning desire to put a stop to it. There's no way staying in place would help with that. Pitch had no control over her night terrors, but Clara wouldn't stop there. She had to go with them. 

    Clara pleaded endlessly, but since she was... well... mortal, the Guardians preferred it if she were safe under the roof of the Workshop. By now, Clara found out that the place served as the headquarters for the Guardians of Childhood. 

    It was impossible for her to just sit there, waiting. She was stubborn; doing nothing was just one more thing on her list of things she hated. 

    Clara actually attempted to stowaway on that futuristic, upgraded Santa sleigh. She saw the vehicle as they waved off the Guardians and Pitch, and Clara packed a small backpack with supplies faster than she can say the word 'sunshine' and ran for it. 

    But North said no. 

    The Man of Christmas left with his group to warn the others about Chaos, and possibly get them to fight against their new foe. When Clara asked who these 'others' were, North answered, "Leprechaun, Valentine, and many, many others."  

    The Guardian of Fun was also told to stay. In case of Chaos attacking the Workshop, he was needed to watch over Clara and Sandy, who stayed because he helped Clara control the elves with his golden sand.  

    The Guardian of Dreams was the one in charge of providing the golden sand to help the elves fight Chaos' influence. So far, so good; the trio finished their task by the third day. 

    Yeah, the three Guardians can go 'recruiting' Cupid and St. Patrick, while Clara stayed at the Workshop. Sure, Jack and Sandy were left behind as well, but she felt like even they can't help her through her problems. 

    It wasn't fun going through torture sessions during sleepy time. Clara battled through a couple of nights of Chaos taunting her with the truth of her parents' death, and Clara found herself hungry for answers. 

    She didn't tell Jack about her screaming in the middle of the night. Clara knew he'd hit himself with his staff and berate himself over it if she did. 

    It's been at least three days of staying at the Workshop, and all Clara had to do is keep everything in check. Well, it's easy enough. She successfully kept the elves in check. She got almost about three hundred of them back on track: being their old playful, non-hyper selves. 

    To top it off, most of the elves were back to normal. She should've smiled, but she didn't. 

    Clara's had enough. It was boring! Sure, Jack was there to make it better sometimes, but the Winter Spirit's pranks were getting annoying. How he managed to get all the pranks prepared under a day, Clara didn't know