Chapter 14 - Above Greenland

FINALLY Sorry if this was a bit too late... xD (Special apologies to Maddy, and Pinky :P Danielle already has her own copy >:D) I know you guys have been waiting so here it is!

Also: YAY for 1000+ reads! :D Thank you so much for all your support. <3 There's gonna be a surprise for you guys ;) Perfect for Christmas

And... Do. Not. Forget. To. Comment. And enjoy of course... :) And not to mention voting, if you liked this chapter <3

Happy reading!

UPDATE: Click the video when you see this little fella -> ~[x]~

Track title: "Spellbound and Soaring"

=====

Chapter 14

ABOVE GREENLAND 

________________________________________ 

    What did I ever do to deserve this? Clara thought miserably as she held on to Jack. "Don't open your eyes, don't open your eyes, don't open your eyes," she chanted to herself. 

    Jack chuckled at her. "I'm not going to let you fall." 

    The way he said it, he sounded like he was trying to reassure himself instead of Clara. 

    Oh great, I guess my first time flying would end with an idiot dropping me to my death, Clara said in her mind. I bet even Tinkerbell's pixie dust couldn't help me fly with these 'happy' thoughts.  

    "Jack, I think I'm going to puke," Clara croaked. 

    "Come on, Frizz Face, just open your eyes!" Jack told her. "We never got the chance to fly when you first came to the Pole. We better make this count." 

    He had his firm grip around her waist, but Clara can still feel the weightlessness from ten thousand feet above ground. Her heart hammered on her chest as she thought about this. 

    Imagine tumbling through the clouds with your head spinning like crazy and your breakfast threatening to leave your stomach. Wonderful. 

    I feel light headed, Clara complained mentally. 

    "You're not afraid of heights, are you?" Jack asked, and Clara can tell from his voice that he was teasing. 

    "I'm not afraid of heights, I'm just afraid of falling!" she yelled above the whistling of the wind in her ears. 

    "Then, like I said, open your eyes! I've got you," Jack said. 

    Clara peeked out from her right eye. She glared at Jack. 

    He grinned at her distress. Jack held her tightly in one arm, which Clara thought was not the best seatbelt for a flight. She clutched Jack's hoodie with fists, her fingers turning stiff. Clara can see the glowing staff on his other hand. 

    She was cheek to cheek with him but didn't feel embarrassed. She felt more like punching his face for doing this, but she also considered the risk of him letting her go in the process. 

    "Don't look at me, stupid, look behind you," Jack whispered in her ear, making her jump. 

    "Oh sorry, you're just so mesmerizing," Clara retorted.  

    "Oh? I'm mesmerizing?" Jack questioned with one brown eyebrow rising up. 

    "I was being sarcastic. Shut up." She was blushing as she turned her head around to see the clouds above them.