9

After another exhausting rehearsal, Taylor placed his precious guitar in its case.

"Come on, dude," Zac spoke. He was waiting for Taylor, since they had driven to the rehearsal space together. And Taylor drove them there, so it wasn't like Zac could ditch him. Not that he would...okay, he might. He's Zac, anyway. Don't forget who it is we're talking about.

"Hold on," Taylor practically whined as he zipped his guitar case shut. He threw the strap of the case over his back so it wouldn't be too much of a struggle to carry.

"You can leave that here, you know," Zac told the guitarist, who shook his head in response.

"Nuh uh, she's my baby." Typical.

As the two walked back to the car, Taylor paused when he felt his phone buzz within his pocket. Once Zac noticed his friend had stopped to check his phone, he groaned.

"Come on, York," Zac whined and stomped back to his friend. But he noticed a change in Taylor's expression, which he was intrigued by. He wanted to know what was wrong, of course.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing," the guitarist lied. There definitely was something. And that something was the message that he had just received from someone who he expected to be nothing more than a simple one night stand.

"Alright, well...drive me home. Come on, I wanna nap," Zac began walking back to Taylor's car. It was no surprise that Zac wanted to nap. That seemed to be all he ever wanted to do. The band sometimes were late for interviews just because of the drummer's napping habits. Nobody understood how he could possibly sleep so much. Except, he sometimes couldn't even sleep at night. So that made some sense.

Taylor was quiet for the majority of the ride. But that was because he spent the time trying to figure out what to say to Hayley. Of course he planned to talk to her, but he needed to figure out what in the hell he would say. This was certainly new to him. From the moment they met, he knew Hayley was different. She had dyed hair, which made her look outgoing and spunky. But she turned out to be cute and shy.

Few girls before her had ever even asked for his number. But that was because they understood that it was a one time thing. But again, this girl was different.

Once Zac left Taylor's car, the guitarist hurried to call the girl who had reached out to him. The second Hayley saw she was being called, and especially when she saw who was calling, she immediately picked up.

"Hey. Hey. Hey," she spoke quickly. If she were being honest with herself, she was in shock that he had even taken a single moment out of his day to call her.

"So, uh..." Taylor started. But he had no idea where he was going with it. He was, well...sort of clueless. He always was, but especially so when it came to this.

"I'm scared. I'm really scared. And I know that you probably want nothing to do with me." In all honesty, Hayley was trying to make him feel guilty.

"Reall-- No. No. I want to support you, okay? Do you...do you want me to come down there, or something? I don't know. But, I mean...." He trailed off, suddenly too shy to ask what was on his mind.

"What?" Hayley asked, once there was nothing but silence between them.

"Like...do you know that it's mine? If you even are pregnant, that is."

Hayley literally rolled her eyes over his question. Yes, she knew that if her suspicions were indeed correct and she was pregnant, then it would be his. And that was the only thing that made sense.

"Yes. I do know. I haven't...been with anyone else in a long, long time. Look, you don't have to come here. You can if you really want, I don't know. It would be great if you could, but I understand if you're busy with touring, or whatever." Again, she just pretended to have no clue about what the band was up to. Like she didn't have their tweet notifications turned on on Twitter, post notifications turned on on Instagram. She knew everything that was going on.

Taylor sighed and was tempted to slam his head into the steering wheel. Except he didn't, because he was sort of in the middle of driving. Not a good idea to do that.

"Look, we're touring Europe in a little less than two weeks. We're still rehearsing and stuff, but I could talk to the guys. I'll see if it'll be okay by them if I leave for a few days. I can come to you, and we can see if you are...you know. Fuck," he murmured the final word softly.

"Did you not wear...you know...protection?" The girl asked, rocking back and forth as she sat in the center of her bed. The events of the night were sort of a blur to her. All she could really recall was being sore the following day, but in the greatest way possible.

"No," he said quietly, a nervous blush appearing on his cheeks. "I just...didn't exactly think rationally. I was so in the moment that I was just dumb, I guess. Do you want me to come there? I could always stay with my parents there, I guess. I don't know. I've been considering getting an apartment there, anyway, because I stay there actually quite often. So I might as--," he continued to ramble, but was cut off by Hayley.

"I would appreciate that. Just...text me, okay? If you're unable to come, because of your band and all, just let me know."

Following her words, they both said their own goodbyes, and hung up. The entire thing was surreal to the girl, still. All of it. But to Taylor, only this latest news was surreal to him.