20

"What did you just say?" Hayley asked following Taylor's words, which were not expected in the least bit. She heard what he had said, she just didn't believe what he had said.

"I wanna marry you," he repeated, a smile on his lips. One that Hayley wanted to slap right off of his pretty face because he seemed so calm about the entire thing, while Hayley's heart must have skipped a beat when he had spoken those words.

"Don't say that if you don't mean it," she said, covering her body up with the blankets a bit more. He chuckled and climbed under the thick duvet that covered now both of their bodies.

"I do mean it, baby. Look, I know that I hurt you. I know that. And I'm sorry. And don't consider this a proper engagement, because whenever I do ask you officially, I want it to be really nice, something we can tell our kid, or kids. I don't want the story to be that we had just finished having makeup sex and then I told you I wanted to marry you. But I love you, Hayley Williams."

Instead of going and hugging him or something, Hayley simply gave Taylor a firm punch in the arm. Maybe firm is a stretch. It's Hayley we're talking about here, anyway. Even if she were to put all of her force into it, she'd still be the most delicate little flower.

"Ow," he exaggerated, rubbing the area she had hit. "What was that for?" He asked with a chuckle.

"You shouldn't have told me that, you should have kept it a surprise," she said with her arms crossed over her chest. He rolled his eyes at her and quickly snuck a kiss against her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Taylor."

Later that same night, as he showered, Taylor hummed the tune of a song that he had managed to begin writing in Hayley's absence. He definitely needed this shower.

He wasn't big on writing lyrics, more of just writing the melodies of the songs. He usually left the lyrical aspect of it to Josh. But he had written a melody he was confident in and was able to write a chorus.

"Our love's so young, but we're growing strong, heart's in tune with the beat of this drum. Come on, baby, the limit's the sky. Hand in hand, just you and I. It doesn't matter what they say, we are meant to be together," he sang, repeating the final line once more. That was all that he had written, accompanied by a guitar driven melody.

"What're you singing, Mr. York?" Hayley spoke, Taylor having no idea that she was even in the room. Out of natural instinct, he immediately covered his lower region.

"Nothing, Williams," he responded with a smile. The song was something he hoped to surprise his girlfriend with once it was completed. There was also another thing he had planned to surprise her with, but that would be later on.

Taylor poked his head out of the shower, his shampoo-covered head visible.

"Whaddya' want?" Taylor asked once their eyes locked.

"Can I...join you?" Hayley asked, a smile upon her lips.

Well. He didn't expect that.

"Uh...can I just wash the soap off my body and shampoo out of my hair first?" He asked, causing Hayley to nod in return. He quickly washed the suds off of his body and cleaned his hair of the fancy strawberry scented shampoo. He peaked his head back out to witness a now nude Hayley. A beautiful sight that he had seen earlier in the night, but had no issue with seeing once again.

"Come on in," Taylor spoke with wide eyes, just as amazed as he had been the first time he saw her beautiful body.

He pulled the shower curtain slightly to the side, allowing Hayley to step into the shower along with him. He allowed her to step beneath the flowing water. Besides, Taylor needed to put some conditioner into his hair. Or else, he'd surely feel the wrath of his curls.