13

[ngl i didn't like writing this chapter too much and I think it kinda sucks and it kind of makes me cringe but you gotta do what you gotta do.]

Their record label wasn't happy about them taking a short break and cancelling their shows for personal reasons. But the band didn't care much for their obnoxious label's opinions anyway. They'd been attempting to leave the label as soon as possible, which unfortunately was not soon enough, considering the length of their contract.

But let's not focus on that. Taylor didn't sleep for a second on the drive back. He was constantly texting and calling Hayley, Sydney, and Hayley's mother, both of whom were there with Hayley.

Luckily for Taylor, he wasn't missing the actual birth because Hayley was experiencing one of the lengthier labors. Hayley wasn't very happy about that, though. Wasn't very much fun.

Hours later, Taylor rushed into the maternity ward of the hospital. His bandmates trailed behind him. He rushed to the receptionist.

"Excuse me, I have to find someone here."

The woman didn't seem to be rushing as much as Taylor. She peered up through her reading glasses. She seemed more annoyed that he'd pulled her out of her reading than anything.

"And who is that?" She asked, voice monotone.

"Hayley Williams."

She turned her body a little bit, typing rather slowly on her outdated computer. No results came up, since she had spelt the first name wrong.

"And how do you spell her first name, sir?" She asked, still taking her precious time. So Taylor spelt it out, and then a result finally did appear. She told him where he'd be able to find his girlfriend and how to get to the room. Still, her voice remained monotone.

Jeremy, Josh, and Zac were already sitting down in the waiting room. Jeremy got all of them drinks, and the three of them were already arguing about which soda was better. While Zac and Jeremy argued that Dr. Pepper was the greatest beverage to ever exist, Josh would not give up in stating that Sprite defeated both. They also argued that Pepsi was better than Coca-Cola, Josh of course disagreeing. Taylor was unsure of if Josh actually believed that, or if he just enjoyed being difficult. Taylor rolled his eyes, not at all amused with their childish banter.

When he finally found Hayley's room, he had to let out a heavy, nervous breath. He didn't want her to notice his nervousness, even though that would be the perfect word to describe his feelings in that moment.

He pushed the door open, Hayley's face changing from one of distress to relief the second her boyfriend walked through the door. The guitarist walked closer, leaning down and wrapping his arms around her as tightly as he could.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner. But I'm here for you now, okay? And I'm going to be as much as I can for the next few months. I'm here for you," he spoke, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"It's okay," she mumbled. Not entirely okay, but she knew that he couldn't have been there any sooner. It meant a lot to know he had even come at all.

Hours went by. Contractions were felt by the girl. Taylor stood there, allowed her to hold his hand. He was sure she'd break it with how tight her grip would become. That wouldn't be any good, considering he needs his hands for his job.

Almost twenty hours went by. Taylor was exhausted, being as he hadn't slept since the night before Hayley alerted him of what had been happening.

But eventually, it was time.

He tried to be as supportive as possible, but he was absolutely terrified. And tired. Most of the night was a blur. All he could recall was a lot of screaming and some tears, being caused by either happiness or pain.

Nothing felt real to him.

He was snapped back to reality when he heard one of the doctors speak, and the high-pitched cries of a child.

"It's a boy," the doctor stated, causing Taylor's head to whip in the direction of him. Hayley was exhausted, and breathless as well.

One of the nurses within the room took the newborn child away for a moment, just to clean him up. Taylor leaned down, lips meeting Hayley's. Both of them were smiling like complete idiots, but they couldn't help it.

"I love you," she whispered to him, once their lips were separated.

"I love you too," he spoke softly, hands cupping her rosy cheeks.

And he wasn't lying when he said that he loved her. But in that moment, a wave of complete regret filled his mind. He was sorry for what he'd done the previous night, but he unfortunately couldn't exactly go back in time and take back what he had done with the girl he already had trouble recalling the name of.

But now he had to decide whether or not he would tell Hayley.