Chapter Twenty Two

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

Well, you got the key to my heart
But you ain't gonna need it
I'd rather you open up my body
And show me secrets you didn't know was inside
No need for me to lie
Ego, Beyonce

Chapter Twenty Two

 I couldn’t believe that Jordan was going to move here, with us.

It was a lot worse than I could ever imagine in my life. My family didn’t know I was carrying a child inside my stomach not even my best friend Ashley. I watched as Jordan move her stuff in, I was sitting up the stairs watching Jace and Jordan as they shared a passionate kiss.

I had to look away, and my heart burst into small pieces. I couldn’t bear the thought of them making out in front of me, not when I was feeling nauseous and a little sick.

I hadn’t gotten over the fact that I was pregnant, and that I didn’t know what I would do. I didn’t know whether I could manage to raise my baby alone. The thought of having a baby excited and brought anxiety in me.

I didn’t know much about babies but I was very fond of them. I grew with a big family, just the thought of my relatives and family sent nervousness in me. I wonder what they would say if they found out that I was having my own baby. Especially, my parents. Would I become a hopeless mother to my child?

I put the thought aside, and focused my attention on my reality instead. Jace was helping Jordan unpack her things, and said “You can sleep in my room”

I watched as she squealed in delight, and wrapped her arms around his neck. He gladly took the hint, and I didn’t know what that was. He pressed his lips against hers, and I averted my eyes. But when I looked back, Jace was looking at me. While, he was sharing spit with her.

Was he trying to show me how much he didn’t want me here?

I only had five months before I had to leave, I didn’t even know whether I was ready. I will never be ready. I was scared to leave him, to leave what I had built with him behind.

I stood up and went to my room, avoiding any unpleasant situations for as Jordan was here now. I closed the door behind me, and sat on my bed. My stomach suddenly started hurting, I crouched in a ball. The doctor said this was bound to happen since I was still tired and a little sick from all the things I had done before.

She said I couldn’t be stressed, because it wouldn’t be good for the baby and I. she also required check-up’s for me so that I could keep track on my baby.

Out of nowhere, I heard a loud banging coming from Jace’s room. It must be his door, because I knew that he slept with Jordan. No matter how much I tell myself that he doesn’t, I know he does. He was just a man after all. They were bound to lust after women, especially his woman. 

Feeling down than ever, I tried to distract myself from thinking about Jordan upstairs in Jace’s room. Thought I didn’t hear anything, I wasn’t stupid. Just thinking about it sent pain in me, I hadn’t thought that marrying Jace was this hard. Especially when he wanted an annulment straight after we got married.

We were, after all, married for his company. And I wonder how it was going. I took my phone out and texted my twin brother. “What are you doing? Can we meet, somewhere?”

I got a quick text from him saying that he would, and to meet him in our usual meeting place. I dressed, and grabbed the key to the house. I didn’t want to be left alone outside, and since Jordan was here to keep Jace company.