Chapter 21

The car was waiting and ready. Arthur, Jack's father and Brielle were already seated at the back, as Jack climbed in beside the driver's seat. A white uniform clad chauffeur was seated at the wheel.

"This is Markos." said Jack introducing the chauffeur. "He's been driving me around for years, without complaints. He didn't quit when we ran out of money either."

"It's a pleasure working under such wonderful people," said Markos magnanimously as he started the engine.

Dixon Senior was merrily humming a tune under his breath. All occupants of the car were perplexed as to why he was so happy.

"Dad?" asked Jack finally when they stopped at a red light. "Are you going to tell me why you are going to Frankfurt all of a sudden?"

"No." said the old man absently playing Candy Crush on his phone. "I might if you tell me why you are going to Thailand."

That shut Jack up. He didn't want to give away his reason and neither did his father. Brielle and Arthur sighed. It was obvious where Jack's stubbornness came from.

She was still dazed from her kiss with Jack earlier. He had handed her a bag containing a new pair of jeans and a brand new T-shirt, both of which fitted her perfectly. The words GAP was written on them. No way these clothes could ever have belonged to her. She wondered how he knew her size?

But there had been no time for questions and answers. She had hurried to get changed and in the car she felt awkward talking about this in the presence of young Arthur, Markos and Dixon Senior.

The drive to the airport was barely fifteen minutes. Brielle barely had time to process her thoughts than the car door was opened for her to get out.

She got out in a hurry and immediately tripped on the edge, falling and grazing her knee.  

"Miss Brielle!" exclaimed Arthur as he rushed out to help her to her feet. "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay." she said with a smile. "The antibiotics have made me a bit dizzy."

"Maybe you shouldn't have come." said Dixon Senior sagely. "Jack never told me why you need the antibiotics. But if you're sick you need to rest."

Jack cursed under his breath. There was no way, unwell or not he was leaving Brielle behind. The fire he had seen filled his heart with fear. What if something had happened to her? What if someone like Zachary tried to hurt her again and he was too far away to help? He didn't know what h would do.

"You slept all day." said Jack irritably. "That is too much rest. Anyway I don't have time for all this."

He bent down and scooped Brielle onto his strong arms, as she let out a cry of surprise. Dixion Sr and Arthur  raised eyebrows at one another, as Jack carried her inside the airport.

"Jack? I'm fine really." she whispered in his ear, feeling awkward when the other commuters stared. "Put me down?"

"You're feeling conscious?" he laughed. His dark eyes lit up in amusement. He really should smile more often, she thought as she noticed a dimple on the corner of his mouth.

"Hold my arm." he said putting her down on her feet. "Stay close. Tell me immediately if you are feeling dizzy."

She nodded as she looped her arm around Jack's. Within minutes a woman arrived and guided them through luggage screening and body checks. She worked efficiently as though used to dealing with VIPs.

"I never thought I could ever afford to ride in a plane." thought Brielle as she recieved her ticket. She looked at it and gasped. "That too business class." she added.