Chapter 34

Brielle didn't like police stations. Especially since they locked her up in a tiny prison, without even listening to her protests. Zachary's father was getting medical attention to the dog bite on his arm all the while cursing and yelling expletives at the nurses.

Funny how I'm the one who's in jail, thought Brielle.

"Ma'am you are allowed one phone call." said the Officer as he opened her lock-up. "Hurry up."

"Yes!" said Brielle happily as she rushed out and grabbed the phone.

Now lets see, who to call, who to call, who to call...

oh shit.

All important numbers were saved on my phone, but Zachary stole it. 

I still don't have it back--- ironic how the damn phone was the reason we took a trip to Thailand in the first place--- what do I do now?

"Ma'am are you done yet?" interrupted the Officer tapping her shoulder and then pointing at his watch. "One more minute."

Brielle started to panic. What was she going to do?

"Breathe Brielle, just breathe, you'll be fine, maybe a couple of days in prison, then they'll know you're innocent. They'll set you free. Don't worry, even if Jack, Axky and Paula hate you right now for running away, they'll definitely come to get you...they will, won't they?"

"They say that talking ones own self is more often than not the first sign of madness." said a boyish voice cutting through her thoughts.

Brielle spun around so fast, she almost cricked her neck.

 "Axky!" she exclaimed happily as she saw his grinning face. "You're here!"

"Gee Brielle, prison's really changed you. You've never been this happy to see me before." remarked Axky smirking as Brielle slung her arms around him and hugged him tight.

"Was I saying all that out loud?" she whispered against his chest.

"Yup." he said patting her back awkwardly. "I got a couple of lawyers, they're taking care of the paperwork. You'll be free to go in a few minutes. Sorry we were a bit late getting here, we didn't have a clue where you'd disappeared."

"Are you Mr. Leslie Palaqua?" asked the Officer taking out his walkie-talkie. 

Axky winced at the sound of his real name. "Yes Sir, that would be me."

"The Superintendent says that your lawyers have presented evidence on behalf of Miss Dane's claim of innocence of aggravated assault. All charges against her are dropped. Miss Dane may leave as soon as possible."

"Yay!" said Brielle jumping up and down happily kissing Axky on the cheek. "I love you."

"Um, Brielle," said Axky teasingly as he held her arm and led her out of the police station and onto the busy pavement. "You're hitting on an engaged man right now. Sorry love, but this ship has sailed."

"Shut up Leslie." said Brielle rolling her eyes. "I'm just really glad you're here. Anyway you look like a fourth grader, there is no way you and I would work out."

"You're really crossing  a line here Brie." said Axky skipping on his toes like a child. "I look nothing like a child. Girls fall for my manliness everywhere."

Brielle suppressed a snort as he continued "And the name's Axky for all intents and purposes."

"It's such a weird name, " said Brielle laughing and turning solemn once he cast her a dirty look. "But okay. If you say so, Axky it is."