Chapter 35

JACK DIXON ACCUSED OF AGGRAVATED ASSAULT! CELEBRITY TODAY BRINGS YOU THE EXCLUSIVE NEWS!

DIXON ENTERPRISES EXPERIENCES LOSSES OF $4 MILLION AS CEO IS FACES CRIMINAL CHARGES. Tune in to the live debate on Finance Now TV tonight at 8:00 pm!

Dixon Junior who went missing two weeks ago is found, facing severe charges. Citizen Weekly brings you the details about the most scandalous event in recent financial times.

IS THIS THE END OF DIXON ENTERPRISES? WHAT THIS MEANS FOR THE COMPETITION. Find out on page 2 of Finance Daily

"This is why I hate reading the news." commented Raul as he threw all of them into the waste basket.

"The idiot. What is he doing with his life?" said Sebastian as he clutched his hair in frustration. "The stocks and market value are going lower and lower as we speak."

If Sebastian and Raul, Jack's secretary and assistant respectively, panicked, you would know that something was very very wrong. The employees all around were very nervous. If an empire like Dixon Enterprises were to collapse it would affect the lives of thousands of people who were dependant on it. The air around the office was tense as people kept listening to the news to gather details.

The phone rang just then and Sebastian rushed to receive it.

"Hello?"

There was a long pause during which Sebastian was dangerously silent and then all hell broke loose.

"JACK! You don't call for days on end, and now you want me to fly to Thailand and fix up the legal issues? What do think I am---some kind of fairy godmother?" barked Sebastian into the poor telephone as he paced through the huge office he shared with Jack and Raul. But since Jack had gone off on a holiday, it was just Sebastian and Raul who was doing all the work in the main office.

There was another pause and Raul imagined Jack trying in vain to pacify Sebastian.

" Even listening to you try to explain yourself is giving me a headache. I don't care if you are my boss, are you insane? What the hell were you thinking seeking out and assaulting three armed men, that too in a foreign country..." continued Sebastian into the phone his voice getting angrier by the second.

Raul who was sitting at his desk chuckled. He knew Jack through and through having been his friend since their school years. Jack may have changed tremendously since then, but he still obviously reserved a soft spot for juicy fights. This conversation was getting interesting...if only he could hear both sides of it.

Oh wait, he could. 

Smiling slyly, Raul lifted up the telephone at his own desk and pressed the extension code for Sebastian's desk. He then leaned back on his chair, closed his eyes as he listened.

"...can you imagine the amount of legal work that we have to get done? The lawyers are not going to have it easy. ...the media and the press have already come to know, I can't even think of ways to turn this situation around...you're on international television!"

"I'm sorry Sebastian, come on, I know you can handle this. You and I have been through so much? Remember the financial slump two years ago? We survived that didn't we?" came Jack's hopeful reply.

"That was a financial slump Jack. This is a public relations nightmare. We are going to lose so many clients. About thirty of them already called to ask if you are going to resign. They don't want to work with someone who has a criminal history."