Chapter 36

The plane ride back was more or less uneventful, with everyone being too tired to do anything but sleep.  Arthur was the only one who was energetic, having relaxed at the hotel and played video games, for most part of his holiday. Paula and Axky were seated together and had barely stayed awake for longer than ten minutes. Raul and Sebastian were seated at the back, separately, to avoid further water-fights while on air.

Brielle and Jack, however, had to wake up sooner than the others: they had to go to see Jack's father in Frankfurt. In fact, they had planned on staying for an entire day, in order to meet and get to know Dixon Senior's new wife.

"I am so tired." said Brielle hoarsely when Jack shook her gently awake in the wee hours of the morning, minutes before they were to land in Frankfurt. "Every muscle in my body hurts."

"I know, love. I'm sorry." said Jack as he kissed the top of her head. "I just don't think I can meet Heidi by myself."

"I love you Jack." said Brielle simply. "Don't apologise, of course I'll come with you."

Brielle's heart skipped a couple of beats as Jack looked at her in a peculiar way. His eyes were darker and a smile was playing on his lips. Brielle had no clue what was going on his mind when he suddenly swooped down and claimed her lips with his own.

"I love you," he said huskily as he kissed the corner of her mouth. "You are mine. The only woman I will ever love."

Brielle couldn't stop the sudden redness of her cheeks and felt her face heat up. His words were like hot iron against every cold opinion she had ever had of herself.

"Jack---" she said holding him close and caressing his face. He dipped his head low to the crux of her neck and gently sucked. Brielle had never felt something like that before. Her breath hitched as Jack  continued his ministrations on her neck and all of a sudden she wasn't sleepy anymore.

"Please remain seated, we will be landing in another ten minutes." came the pilot's voice, interrupting them. Jack pulled back and Brielle sighed with relief. It was as though her heart had been thundering at over a 100 beats a minute.

"It's so cute that you blush when we get intimate." said Jack briefly kissing her lips again. 

"I-I-have never had anyone---do what you just did---to me before." confessed Brielle. The only other man she had ever been with, had only wanted to take her clothes off and videotape it. 

"Brielle?"

"Yes?"

"You have no idea how glad I am." said Jack running his fingers through her hair and pulling off the hair scrunchie. Her chestnut hair ran free and the sweet smell of her strawberry shampoo filled the air. "There will be many more firsts for you Brielle, but thank God they will all be with me."

Brielle couldn't help but smile widely: she had found her own Prince Charming after all.

Jack kissed her tantalizingly slowly before voicing out a fear.

"What if I hate her?" 

"Heidi?" asked Brielle surprised.

"Yes."

"You won't. I'm sure you will love her." said Brielle reassuringly.

"You'll stay with me right?" asked Jack. He looked so vulnerable at that moment, Brielle wished she could shield him from any more failed relationships (despite being pretty terrible at choosing boyfriends herself).

"Forever and always." she said kissing him chastely on the lips as they took a deep breath and prepared for landing.