17

I pull Tess from the ditch her small body looks even smaller when she has her arms wrapped around herself.

"Tess we found their camp! It right there behind those bushes! You lead us right to them!" Justin says then realizes her state "are you okay?" He asks as if he can't see that she's about frozen.

"I don't know. I'm really cold. I don't know if I can do it" she says so sad. So broken. I never thought I'd hear Tess say she couldn't do something.

Justin looks at her strangely. Like her has no idea what to do. Another thing that shocks me. He turns to us.

"You guys don't do anything. This is the only thing I know to do that can help her." He looks at me Alec, Justin, then grant. "You all hold him back" he nods to me "I'm sorry Tess" he says under his breath.

He brings his hand into a fist lets out a shaky breath turn and grabs Tess and throws her into the ground I lunge for him but Trent and Alec grab my arms and pull me back I struggle to get out of their grip. I almost do. But grant grabs me.

"You just gonna give up? When the going gets Ruff you get going? Huh is that it? What a terrible alpha. What a waste of human. Your no better than your father!" He spits.

"I am not my father!" She growls and begins to shake and black fur begins to sprout.

"Shit. Grab her" he yells holding her down "don't you dare shift. You can't shift not here!" He says and she pushed him off her making him fly into the snow. And Tess says something I wouldn't think she would ever say.

"I am done with this bull shit"

she walks fast though the trees. Toward the enemy's camp two wolf come jumping at her their teeth bared. She puts out her hands pushing them away from her into nearby trees. The other wolfs cower away. She strides into the camp where their leader sits shaking slightly in a huge jacket and mittens. It looks like he kept the extra stuff to himself. He holds their flag

"This is mine" she says snatching it from his hand and walking back out towards our camp that's a good two hours away.

As we walk. Tess keeps her determined look while Justin looks so guilty.i slow down so I can walk with him.

"I didn't want to do that" he says sadly. "I just knew if she didn't get that flag her father would. He would be very upset with her." He says looking at his hands.

"It's okay. I'm sure she's fine Tess is strong" I say although he did throw her down pretty hard. "You did the right thing."

"Yeah I hope" he sighs.

"Hey I just remembered we get to have a party after this!" Trent says excited.

"Oh yeah. I bet they'll have really good food I'm so hungry" Caleb says rubbing his stomach.

"And my mate is going to come" Trent says happily.

"Justin is your mate coming?" I ask

"Um. No my pack is not aloud to partake in the party. Me and Tess go home once we get back" my heart drops

I forgot. Home. No more running with Tess ever morning. No eating breakfast with Tess. No watching the smile she gets when she reads the favorite part of her book. No making sure Tess is okay, and safe.

No more Tess.

She'll be gone.

I won't see her till she's at least 26 at some conference for alphas. And she'll have her mate.

And her mate won't be me.

I won't be the one to hold her. And remember the words she says. They way her lips move as  she says them. I won't know every curve and contour of her body. I won't be able to make her feel loved just by touching her with the tips of my fingers.

I won't have her. That's not okay.

I walk in silence back to the camp and Tess tells everyone we have the flag. They all cheer except me and tess. Tess still looks determined. But for what.

                 *************

A car came by much later and took us back to the camp. Everyone go their things and said their good byes to Tess and Justin. I stay till everyone leaves to go to the party. Because I know Tess will do the same. I walk up to her as she puts up her last book.

"Hey Tess"

"Hey Asher."

"I'm. I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you as well. Maybe when I take over. I can visit you" she says hopeful. But only hopeful. She doesn't actually think it'll happen.

"You. Better." I smile a thin smile. Tess looks up at me. She's only inches away.

She slowly rises on her toes and softly kisses me. My whole body is filled with Fuzz. She pulls away after a couple seconds.

"I better get going" she says softly. Putting her bag on her shoulder. "Bye Asher" she whispers and walks out.

"Bye Tess" I whisper. Whipping the tear from my cheek

It's finals week so I might not be able to post as quickly I'm really sorry guys