Chapter 5: Together Her Protectors

At dark me and Garran flew close enough to my home before landing so we wouldn't me seen and walk the rest of the way.

Garran was a loud dragon I kept turning and glaring at him as his tail whipped against a tree making it thud and shake. At this point they were going to find us and my home wasn't even in sight.

"Control your tail" I whispered yelled.

He looked at me and glared right back, 'my apologies I'm not use to walking through woods, I'm a dragon from the mountains we normally fly or climb everywhere.'

I just rolled my eyes and continued walking, when light came in sight I went back behind the closest tree to me. They had lit up the back side of my property, squinting my eyes to look closer I saw Alecs tail under a grey tarp. He wasn't moving.

As if sensing my unease Garran spoke up, 'they darted him to keep him quiet sense they are close to other humans.'

I looked back at him before turning to look at Alec, he was alive.

For right now at least.

"We need to get him out of here." I demanded.

'We only came to scout your place to find a way to take these people out Lilli not preform the rescue mission.' He scolded me.

"I don't care I'm not leaving him here unconscious under a tarp." I yelled at him.

'how do you suppose we get him out of here Lilli if he has been knocked out I can't carry him out of here fast enough for us not to get caught.' He told me.

I kept my eyes on Alec, "we have to try Garran."

He sighed but nodded, 'I will try and find a way to carry him out of here quickly, and you try and get close enough to get those damn iron chains off of him.'

Garran walked back from where we came looking toward my property for a quick escape after I got Alec free.

I crouched making my closer towards Alec; they had him a few yards from the edge of the field. Men were on the other side of him then I was laughing and playing cards, these men need shot.

I came up the tarp and went under it, he was breathing I raised my hand to lie on his side. They had three chains over him; the first was over his shoulders and wings, the second was around his middle, the third kept his back legs pinned.

I wanted to ring all of their necks; the chains were burning into his skin. The feathers of his wings looked burned and damaged; even if he was awake he would need help flying out of here.

I grabbed the chains at his middle and pulled; they were linked tight around him and didn't give much. Pushing them off of him was a no go; I needed something to cut through them.

I crept out of the tarp and quietly toward the men; they were too oblivious to notice me. Or the keys to the chains they left sitting behind them, seriously? How stupid could they get?

Using Alec's tail to hide most of me I reached out a quickly snatched the two keys. And quickly and as quietly as I could went back under the tarp and to Alec's chains.

I found the lock at the bottom of the first one the first key didn't work, second key bam first lock off. Second lock done with the other key, I felt my hear sink.

Neither of the locks worked on the third lock the one that kept his hips and legs chained, I almost let out a sob. I wasn't going to get him out of here unless I got these chains off, I heard the tarp move.