17: Reconnections, Jealousy, & Harry Styles

—Amber—

After our early dinner, I trotted upstairs. I didn't feel like doing anything for the rest of the day so I just flop down on my bed and do nothing. I hear the shower go off in the hall and Harry's footsteps as he goes into his own bedroom. I roll over on my side with a sigh. Tomorrow was our last day here and I honestly didn't want to leave. For the first time in my life, I wasn't ready to start filming a movie. The thought gets me up and I go over to rummage through my suitcase in search of my laptop. Speaking of the movie, I probably had a bunch of unchecked emails from Paulo. I eventually spot my MacBook sitting in the bottoms of my case. I take it out and return to my bed, crossing my legs and pulling it open. I type in my password and wait.

All of the sudden, the soft sound of drops hitting the windowpane fill up the bedroom. It's raining. It's quite a surprise, to be honest. It's been a while since I've seen rain and I least expected it to rain here. I look back towards my laptop, my eyes flickering to the little Internet-connection icon in the corner. It was flashing red, meaning the Internet connection was either bad or there was none. I frown, pushing my laptop aside and letting out a groan. Stupid rain.

I jump, my phone suddenly blasting 'Chasing the Sun' by The Wanted. I lazily reach over towards that nightstand where my phone sat. I wiggle my fingers until I manage to grasp my phone, pulling it towards me and staring down at the caller I.D. The minute I see the name on the screen, the biggest possible grin spreads on my face.

Austin Wood.

Austin Wood was one of Hollywood's biggest actors and one of the first people I worked with. We hit it off quite well. When we weren't shooting, we were hanging out at amusement parks, movie theaters, you name it. I considered him my best friend aside from Carly. Austin has now been in Australia filming his new movie and I haven't seen him for almost a full year. To hear from him now is just great. I'm quick to answer and slam the phone into my ear, eager to his voice.

"Austin!" I blurt instantly.

"Amber!" His voice replies and I can hear the busy sound of bustling streets in the background. "You're the first person I thought to call when I arrived at the airport. How've you been?"

"Airport?" I ignore his last question, skipping right to my own. "You're in L.A.?"

"Yup!" He chirps. I hear a car door slam on his end. "Finished shooting and here I am! Want to meet up for coffee later?"

Even though he can't see me, I pout. "Crap, Austin. I'm on vacation in Malibu. Maybe in a few days?" Austin pauses on the other end, most likely thinking over his schedule.

"Just call me whenever we can meet up and I'll work something out." He decides before he changes the subject. "So who are you with? How have you been?"

"I've been great actually." I admit. "I'm down here in a beach house with my new friends, One Direction." A small gasp escapes Austin's lips and then I remember. Austin and I had done a lot of talking about our past and he knows all about Harry. I had completely forgotten. Though Austin hasn't met Harry, I know he's already judging him.

"One Direction?" Austin sad slowly. "As in Harry Styles' band?" I bite my lips, nodding until I realize he can't see me.

"Yeah. We're kind of stuck doing a movie together." I chuckle nervously, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"How's he been treating you?" Austin asks in all seriousness. I clear my throat, not knowing how to explain the whole situation to Austin. Maybe I should just trim it down and keep him from all the details in the meantime. Besides, I'm sure I'll be able to tell him during our coffee get-together.