27: Tea, Films, & Harry Styles

-Amber-

"I think your friend's here!" Harry's voice calls from the kitchen. Hopping up from the couch, I skip over to the front door. Sure enough, Carly's face is the first thing I see when I peek through the peephole. Chuckling, I unlock the door and pull it open, grinning widely at my best friend.

"Carles!" I greet her.

"Amber!" She mimics my voice, throwing her thin arms around me. "I've missed you bunches, girly!"

"You're telling me." I chuckle, giving her a squeeze before I pull away. I admire her new and improved look. She's clad in a pair of shorts and simple blue tee. Her straight, black hair seemed shorter than the last time I saw her and it hung loosely around her shoulder. I also noticed the way her brown eyes were framed with dark eyeliner and how her lips seemed smothered in pink lipgloss. How odd, I think. Carly's never been a big fan of makeup. I decide not to question it. Instead, I reach over and push the front door shut, motioning for Carly to follow me.

"Harry?" I step into the kitchen. "This is Carly." Harry, who was sipping a cup of tea he'd made a few minutes ago, glances up to meet my friend's eyes. I frown, noticing the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt. At least he had the decency to put on pants.

"Carly," I introduce him. "This is Harry."

"Hi!" Carly waves, biting her lip to fight an obvious grin. She was always a big One Direction fan, so I'm afraid of what her reaction would be when the other boys showed up. I hadn't exactly told her they would be coming over as well. In my defense, it was a last minute thing.

"Hello." Harry smiles warmly at her, taking another sip of his tea. "Care for some tea?"

"No, thanks." Carly blushes a bit. "I'm good."

"What about you, love?" Harry turns to me. I ignore the blush blossoming on my cheeks as I answer.

"I'm fine."

I feel Carly bump my hip gently, a smirk appearing on her lips. I hated the fact that she could read me so well. She's probably already figured out that things between Harry and I were more than just friendly. The look on her face confirmed it.

"He's hot." Carly whispers in my ear, causing me to jump. Harry's lips curl into a smirk and I worry that he heard her.

"Shut up." I whisper back through gritted teeth. Carly quirks her eyebrow at me.

"You sure you two don't want tea?" Harry asks again, holding up his cup as an offer. I purse my lips.

"We're sure." I inform him, shooting him a look. He pretends not to notice, returning to sipping his tea innocently.

"So," Carly clears her throat. "What are we doing?" I open my mouth to answer her question, but am stopped by a knock on the door. A look of confusion falls on Carly's face. She's in for a surprise, I think as I stroll back to the door and pull it open. I didn't even need to look through the peephole to know who it was.

"Amber!" Louis' the first one I hear when I pry the door open.

"Hey, Lou." I smile, stepping aside to let the other members of One Direction in.

"Hi, Amber." Liam greets me with a wink. Afraid of asking what it meant, I ignore it and welcome Zayn with a hug.

"I think I know how to make Harreh jealous now." Zayn whispers into my ear, chuckling lightly. I laugh, pulling away and waving at Niall. The Irish boy waves back, closing the door behind him. That's when I remember Carly was here. When I look back at her, she seems to be struggling to contain her excited emotions. She leaned against the island, chewing on her lip as her eyes flickered back and forth between all the boys.