25: Friends, Rubbish, & Harry Styles

—Amber—

As sunshine pours through the window, I'm awoken by the sound of my phone buzzing. Propping my tired body up, I reach over for my phone which lies on top of my nightstand. Grasping it between my fingers, I pull it towards me and stare at the screen. It's a text from Austin.

- I'm outside. -

Shit! After last night, it had quickly slipped my mind. My eyes flicker over to Harry's sleeping body. He's half-buried beneath the sheets, his snoring lower than usual. His curls were a tousled mess and I couldn't help but notice the cute way he frowned in his sleep.

I mentally slap myself. What am I doing?! Hopping off my bed, I scatter to quietly search for clothes to wear. I felt bad for making Austin wait. I had to shower, get dressed, and fix my hair. All that would take more than twenty minutes. I decide to shoot him a text and apologize.

- Sorry! I forgot! Be down in twenty. -

Tossing my phone aside, I grab my floral skirt, white spaghetti-strap top, and my favorite pair of sandals. Making sure to grab my undergarments as well, I sprint out of the bedroom and into the bathroom. It doesn't take me long to strip out of my pajamas, turn on the shower, and jump in. I wash up, this probably being the fastest shower I'd ever taken. When I'm done, I step out, snatch up my towel and dry up.

Gosh, I was in such a rush. I almost tripped and fell over as I struggled to pull the shirt over my head. A squeal escapes my lips and I regain my balance, sighing when I finally get my top on. I grab the skirt and slip it on along with my sandals before stopping to stare at myself in the mirror. I had failed to keep my hair dry so now it was dripping wet, falling in blonde ringlets around my shoulders. I run my fingers through it, taming it a bit before exiting the bathroom.

As I speed walk into the room to get my phone and leave, I crash into someone's hard chest. I tumble backwards but he catches my arm, keeping me on my feet.

"Harry," I breathe, my eyes flickering up to meet his green ones. I swallow, the feeling of his lips on mine replaying through my head. Last night seemed like a dream, but as he stares down at me, a smirk on his perfect lips, I know it was all real.

"Morning." He smiles, his large hand still holding my arm. "Where are you going?"

"I, erm," I find it hard to speak, my heart beating at an impossible speed. Why is this happening? "I'm, uh, going out for breakfast with a friend. That's all."

Harry just nods, his tousled curls bouncing. "Oh. See you later then. I'll be in the shower." Smiling again, Harry lets go of my arm and starts towards the door. Sighing, I've barely taken another step when Harry's voice stops me.

"Oh, and Amber?"

I turn my head, looking back at the half-naked, green-eyed boy. "Yeah?"

"That day at the carnival..." A cheeky smile curves onto his lips. "I know you wanted to kiss me."

Without further words, he disappears down the hall and into the bathroom, the click of a door closing following right after.

I just stand there and stare at absolutely nothing, his statement ringing in my head.

"I know you wanted to kiss me..." It says again. I shake it away, my breathing rapid as I snatch up my cell phone and speed-walk out the door. Could Harry be right? Could I maybe have wanted to kiss him all along? As I open the front door and step out into the hall, there's only one thing I know.

I guess I'll have to find out.

"Amber!" I've barely stepped outside when I'm enveloped in two familiar, strong arms. I struggle to breathe but hug Austin back, breathing in the scent of his cologne. It's been so long. I'd missed him more than I thought.