22: Cinnamon, Tweets, & Harry Styles

—Amber—

"Amber, dah-ling!" I awoke to the familiar, high-pitched sound of Paulo's voice. The director had called me quite early and had no option but to answer the probably-important phone call. Though judging from the voices out on the hall, it seemed like it was about time for me to wake up anyways. Today we would head back, leaving behind the beach house and it's beautiful scenery. Even though I'd miss it, a part of me was ready to start shooting the movie.

"Goodmorning." I answer, propping myself up into a sitting position and releasing a yawn. "How have you been?"

"Just lovely!" Paulo informs me. "Went to France on a quick business trip and met the most wonderful man! Oh, Amber, you should see him!" Paulo rambles on. "Very handsome and with the most beautiful green eyes. They reminded me of someone actually, but I just couldn't place my finger on it..."

"Harry." I blurt away, a smiling image of the curly-haired, green-eyed, Cheshire boy popping into my mind. "He reminded you of Harry."

"Oh, yes!" Paulo exclaims, clucking his tongue. "Harry, Harry. Yes, yes. That's it. Harry's a very handsome young man. You are very lucky to have him as well as he is lucky to have you. Lovely couple, if I do say so myself."

I blush, glad that he couldn't see me. It's odd being told Harry and I are a lovely couple. Lying to the media and others has never been my thing. I wonder how much longer we'll have to fake the relationship Liam threw us in. Even though I agreed to it, I'd regretted it quickly. I may be an actress, but this is way out of my control. Especially now that Harry and I have made a truce. Could faking a relationship ruin it? It could and I didn't want it to happen. Something about the newfound friendship with Harry was much too precious to let go of. I liked this side of him. It's a side I've only once before witnessed but completely forgot about until recently. This is the real Harry. Kind, sweet, and cheeky. This is the Harry I like. Not like-like. Not that. I mean, like as a friend. I could never fancy Harry. But then I think of his lopsided smile and those dimples and the curls and his dashing green eyes and I find myself questioning everything. I just don't know anymore.

"Hello?" Paulo startles me out of my thoughts. "Are you still there?"
"Yes." I reply right away. "Sorry."
"Not a problem." I imagine a smile spreading across Paulo's face. "On a more serious note, we've

begun shooting scenes with the other actors. We wanted you and Harry to come in and film a short scene before we get into the serious shooting tomorrow. Think you two can do that for me?"

"Of course!" I tell him. "We're heading back today. I'm sure we can work things." "Sounds brilliant." Paulo says, rolling his 'r' a bit. "I will you see soon, love." "You too!" I smile as we say our goodbyes. "Stay sober!"
"Don't be silly, Amber." Paulo snaps teasingly. "You know I barely drink." "Whatever you say, Pauly." I chuckle. "Cheerio!"

"Bye-bye!" The click informs me he's hung up. Tossing my phone aside, I stretch out my arms and yawn loudly. Maybe I could catch up on sleep on the ride back. I very much needed it.

As I begin to slide off the bed, the room door bursts open and in walks a familiar, blonde-headed, Irish leprechaun. His lips form into a small 'o' when he locks eyes with me, his hand still lingering on the doorknob.

"Thought you were asleep." Niall blurts, his accent thick. "I was told to come wake you. Louis' attempting to get up Zayn and Harry and Liam's gone to take Danielle to the airport."

"Well, I'm up." I smile at the Mullingar boy. "Good morning."

"Top o' the morning to you." Niall returns the smile, letting himself further into the room. "Need help packing? I'm all set."