19: Walks, Surprises, & Harry Styles

-Amber-

“I’m not wearing this!” I strut out of the bathroom, a towel around my torso as I storm into my

bedroom and drop Danielle’s skimpy outfit choice on the bed. Danielle turns from her makeup kit, crossing her arms and frowning in my direction. Looks like we have a disagreement.

“C’mon,” She pouts. “It’s perfect!”

“No, it’s not!” I throw my hands up in frustration. “That shirt could be a bra and those shorts could be underwear. I’m not wearing that.”

Danielle raises an eyebrow. “You bought them.” She points out. “I don’t see why you’re so against wearing it.” I open my mouth to explain, but quickly shut it. I don’t want to explain it to her. Ever since the incident with that man in the theatre and then Harry and I’s argument in the car, I refused to wear anything skimpy again. Danielle must have noticed the awkward look on my face because she sighs, walking over to my suitcase and prying it open.

“Fine, longer shorts and a tee. Sound good?” She throws me a questioning look over her shoulder. I nod, a look of relief visible on my face. I don’t even know what the occasion is. If she would tell me, I’d be capable of picking out my own outfit. From the looks of things though, she’s not telling me anything anytime soon.

“Catch!” Danielle chirps, tossing another pair of jean shorts in my direction. I catch them midair, recognizing them as the pair I would have chosen myself. They were pretty normal; only a small rip in the front that was meant to be there.

“What do you think of this?” Danielle holds up a t-shirt with a British flag covering up the front. It was one of my old t-shirts that I barely ever wore anymore. It was just another reminder of how far away from home -and my father- I was. I hesitate but eventually reach over for it. Danielle smiles successfully, standing up and motioning for me to get dressed.

“Go on.” She orders. “I won’t look.” She turns her back, tapping her foot as she waits for me to get dressed. I drop my towel and snatch my pair of undies off the bed, slipping them on. I do the same with my bra before pulling on my shirt and shorts.

“Done.” I inform Danielle, flopping down on the bed and folding my hands on my lap. “What’s next?” Danielle’s eyes light up as she turns around, diving for her makeup kit and dancing over to me.

“Makeup!” She singsongs. “You’re going to look brilliant!” My eye twitches. Probably because a part of me was worried she’d overdo the makeup; something I hate. I didn’t want to look like a clown or Barbie or some plastic fake in general. I wanted to look natural. I don’t mention it to Danielle though. I stay silent and watch as she rummages through her kit. Even if I’d met her just yesterday, I felt like I could trust her. She was Liam’s girlfriend after all.

“Close your eyes!” Danielle chirps, breaking me out of my thoughts. I do as told, lifting my chin up a bit. It’s not long before I feel the sensation of a brush on my eyelids. It tickles but I hold in my giggles, relaxing my shoulders and letting Danielle take control.

It didn’t take too long. In less than thirty minutes, Danielle was ordering me to my feet and clapping her hands together proudly.

“You look beautiful!” She squeals, leaning over to whisper in my ear. “Just stay away from Liam, ok?”

“He’s all yours.” I chuckle, eager to go check myself out in the mirror. Danielle chuckles as well, holding up a handheld mirror.

“What do you think?”

A small gasp escapes my lips as my eyes fall upon the girl in the mirror. I resist the urge of lifting my hand to my face, only allowing my eyes to observe every inch of my features. I still looked like me, except that my skin, my eyes, everything; they looked flawless and natural. There was only a light-beige shadow on my lids with black eyeliner outlining my eyes. My cheeks had an unnatural but barely visible blush to them and my lips were painted a soft shade of pink. Not just that, but my eyelashes seem to have gotten longer. I make a note to later ask Danielle what brand of mascara she used.