Chapter V

Back then I did not know that my annoyance was slowly turning into interest.

Making my way to the dining area, I remembered that I ended up joining Claire's special class after it and true to her words, I learned a lot from her. Learned more about the coding and learned about instructor Claire Le Creuset.

November, 2009

I have been attending instructor Le Creuset's special class for two months now ever since she found me in the computer laboratory. I learned different styles in webpage coding; HTML, JavaScript or CSS. I learned more from instructor Le Creuset's special class than the one I was attending during morning classes.

Currently creating a page for my blog since I arrived early, instructor Le Creuset stepped in the classroom and headed straight to her table. Somehow, I can feel some tension around her as she did not acknowledge my presence or even spare me a glance the moment she stepped in the classroom.

Usually the moment she enters the classroom, she would look around as if finding someone. And when she finds me, she will smile at me and greet me in French. So right now, she's heading straight to her table is very unusual.

And I kinda missed her initial acknowledgement.

Strange.

Since it was not my business, I focused on my computer and continue with designing my webpage; quietly. Hoping to distract myself and not think about the blonde instructor.

That was until the other occupant of the room started mumbling in French.

Checking why she was mumbling incoherent French words, I noticed that she was talking on her cellular phone.

"Non! Mais..." she sighed heavily and looked tired. "Oui. Merci, maman." after that, she ended the call and placed her phone on the table. After the call, I could hear her speak in rapidly in French. She seemed annoyed and I can tell that what she spoke were not the nice kind of French words.

"You okay?" I asked, unsure why I even did. I'm getting stranger and stranger every time I'm with her. She looked up to me and I noticed how stressed she looked like.

Her hair was tousled and her face looked like she did not get enough sleep. Her skin look lighter than normal and her eyes, those greenish colored eyes, looked frantic. Still, even with a haggard look, she looks enticing.

Instructor Le Creuset's expression softened and showed me a weak smile. "Ah! Mademoiselle Zaragoza. Désolé, I did not zee you 'zere. "

'Did I hear that correctly? She did not 'see me'?' I cocked my brow at what she said. "It's fine. So, you okay?"

"Oui. I'm..." she let out a heavy sigh and looked very troubled. "Je ne connais pas... I have 'ziz family problem... " she looked at me with those eyes, now blue, looking so concerned. "'zank you for 'ze concern mademoiselle-"

"It's Elise." I cut her off. I really don't like it when she says my last name plus that mademoiselle part. If I were to say it, it's kind of a mouthful. Plus I don't really represent the whole 'mademoiselle' part in my honest opinion.

"Just call me Elise. Anyway, what's up with your parents that made your pretty brows knit and your lips to pout?" Realizing what I asked, I looked horrified. Why I said that, the pretty part, I did not know.

I was about to tell her that I was just kidding but the smile on her face says that she heard me.

"Oh? Elize 'zinkz 'zat my browz are pretty?"