Chapter X

December, 2009

Distracting.

It was the only word I could describe what my instructor was doing for the last ten minutes.

At first it was okay; she was holding my hand and humming a song I'm not familiar with. And after a few minutes of humming, she stopped and put words in her humming. A very beautiful singing voice that can make even angels green with envy.

She was singing in French. Sure I could not understand what she was singing – I think the title was La Vie En Rose because she kept on repeating it – but I find it very beautiful. Such singing voice was giving me an eargasm and it was distracting me from my work.

Then she stopped singing but still played with my left hand. "Mademoiselle Zaragoza, you do know I do not want you to fail," she said to me, voice laced with genuine concern.

"I know."

"'Zen, why are you not attending my clazez?" Her hold on my hand tightened. "Or are you more fazcinated with Mademoiselle Quinn 'zan attend my claz? Buzy wi'z a date perhapz?"

I stopped working on the task and turned my attention to my instructor. She pouted while looking back at me, those grey eyes wanting some answers, and I found her pouting face as cute. "Quinn? As in Raine Quinn? And date?" Instructor Le Crueset nodded her head. "Oh dear Odin! Do we look like we're dating?!" I asked, laughing at the idea that people assumed I'm dating Raine.

My instructor nodded. "Oui. You two, az everyone zay, look good toge'zer. Even Ma'zew zay zo," she said with an accent that's thicker than usual.

I laughed even louder. It felt good to laugh after moping about instructor Le Creuset dating that damn Frenchman. "Oh man. Wait 'til Jeanne hears about that gossip. She would flip!" I said, still laughing at the idea that people assumed I'm dating Raine.

"And what eez funny, mademoiselle?"

I stopped laughing and grinned at my instructor. "Funny? I find it funny how people always assume something without confirming it from the source," I told her. What I said somehow pricked my heart.

"Oh? Do tell, knowing you are 'ze zource, what eez ze tru'z."

Staring at those grey colored eyes, I could see how she waited my response. I could see how anxious she was waiting for my response, almost as if she was expecting me to prove what she was thinking wrong.

"Truth? Well how can they assume I'm dating Raine if in the first place, she was my friend's girlfriend already? Plus, I'm not attracted to her."

'I'm just attracted to you.'

Of course, I would never say that to her.

I could see the changes on her appearance. How those pouting lips quivered and turned into a small smile. Those beautiful eyes, gleamed and looked hopeful. And those cheeks slowly being painted with a light pink hue.

"I zee..." Instructor Le Creuset said, looking away from me and focusing on our interwoven hands. "Elize better continue wi'z her work. Zhe only have an hour left to complete it," she pointed out and started to hum the song she sang earlier. Taking her advice, I went back to work on the task she gave me.

It took me thirty minutes to finish the webpage and when I was about to inform my instructor about it, I noticed that she was whispering the lyrics of the song she's humming earlier. Since she was too engrossed with her singing and playing with my hand, I moved a bit closer to her and listened to her whispered singing.

"When you press me to your heart, I'm in a world apart; A world where roses bloom..."

It was the same tune as the one she was singing before.

"And when you speak, angels, sing from above. Everyday words seem to turn into love songs..." Instructor Le Creuset whispered.

The thoughts of my earlier words to her, about confirming something from the source, flooded my mind. The one thing that's been bugging me since the cafeteria event came flashed in my thoughts and brought pain to my heart. And due to this pain, I was not able to stop myself from asking the question had plagued me since then.

"Are you dating instructor Chevalier?" I sounded like a jealous girlfriend.

The blonde stopped singing and looked up to me with a smile on her face. Fear suddenly filled my chest and different scenarios formed in my head.

How she might say that she's indeed dating that Frenchman.

The mere thought of it made me feel like my heart is breaking.

Her smile faltered and chime-like giggles filled the room. Her reaction left me confused. Then she brought my hand up to her lips and kissed the back of my palm. The kiss burned on my skin and I found myself at eye-level with instructor Le Creuset. I was too engrossed with the kiss that I didn't notice that she stood up and pulled me in an embrace.

With our faces inches apart, she leaned forward, grazing her lips on the corner of the left side of my lips, and stopped when she was near my left ear. I could feel her breath on my ear and it brought shivers to my spine.

"Give your heart and soul to me, and life will always be, la vie en rose." Instructor Le Creuset whispered into my ear.

The whisper, the embrace, the closeness; all of it fried my brain and I was rendered speechless. My heart pounded hard like it wanted to break free from the cages and jump to the blonde's hands.

"Elize zhould not make me miz her too much. You will attend my clazez from now on, oui?" I nodded, not trusting my voice to respond to her. "Très bien ma belle, " she sounded pleased with herself. I could feel her hot breath over my ear and the next thing I felt was the stinging yet pleasurable pain on the soft part of my ear.

That blonde bit my ear and it was hella sexy.

My blonde instructor released me from her embrace and stepped back. With a satisfied look on her face, she held both of my shoulders and ushered me towards the door. "I'll zee you tomorrow, ma chérie." She winked and pushing me out of the computer laboratory.

I didn't know how I ended up with my friends or how I was able to go home and lock myself in my room. All I know was that instructor Le Creuset is not dating that Frenchman and I may have a chance with her.

All I know now is that La Vie En Rose was my new favorite song.