Chapter XII

December, 2009

I was panicking. I swore to Loki and his offspring that I'm being punished.

First off, my parents actually thought that I was dating my instructor. Second, they're not even miffed about assuming she's my girlfriend. Thirdly, dad even said that he already has papers backing up his consent if ever the university goes against it. And lastly...

"Why do I have to ask her out for Noche Buena?" I murmured, staring at the blank workspace of the application I'm using.

"Azk who out, ma belle?" someone whispered into my ear with a very sexy French accent. Aside from the whisper, I felt a warm and soft hand atop of my right hand and the smell that reminds me of rain, bed, and blanket filled my senses.

Even if I know who sneaked up to me – the French accent was a dead giveaway – I was still surprised by it and froze in place. I thought I was alone in the computer laboratory – instructor Le Creuset left earlier, saying she had a meeting with some of the faculty staff. But here she was, behind me and somehow heard what I said. 'Eff!'

Instructor Le Creuset laced her hand on mine, making both our hands holding the mouse. I could feel my heart racing and my stomach flipping at how close my instructor is to me – her front to my back especially – and how she whispers to my ear.

Glancing at the glass-paneled walls, I mentally thanked whoever divine being that's governing the universe that the blinds have been put down. 'I thought they were open earlier.'

"Zo?"

Taking a deep breath, I leaned my head back and looked at those blue eyes that stared back at me with an amused glint. I pondered if I should even tell her about the invitation.

The blonde smiled like a Cheshire cat. "If Elize would be ztaring at are me like 'zat, I might melt into her armz."

My face, how I was already aware, felt hot and I could bet that it resembled a tomato right now. If my heart could do as it wanted, it would probably be hammering down my ribs and jumping out of my body and to instructor Le Creuset's hands. Composing myself, I frowned at how I was once again teased by my instructor. "Do you always have to tease me?"

"Teazing? Ahhh, ma belle, teazing iz not zome'zing I do." As if teasing was not enough, the blonde leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead. "You're changing 'ze topic, no? Do tell who it iz you are going to azk out?"

I was rendered speechless at what the blonde did. 'Oh my freaking Valkyrie! This woman will kill me!'

"Iz it mademoiselle Quinn? I fairly remember ma belle zaying 'zat mademoiselle Quinn waz zpoken for." I could feel her hand tightening its hold on mine. "Iz it one of your friendz?" her tone sounded playful. She moved backwards and sat on the empty space of the table; her hand still holding mine. Good thing too, my neck was starting to hurt.

The idea of dating my friends flushed out whatever giddy feeling I have inside of me. They were my friends for a reason and whatever reasons it may be, it didn't include dating anyone of them. The horror it would be if I were to date any of them!

Marie would be laughing at me if I ever asked her out.

Micah would probably go to the bookstores and bore me to death with her books and writings during the date.

And Jeanne would take me to a junkshop and look for whatever steampunk things she could get instead of eating.

Nope. Definitely not dating any of them. "What? No! Hel smite me now if I take anyone of them out on a date!"