Chapter VIII

November 13, 2015

Chowing down the dinner that mom made, chicken adobo, I chuckled at the memory of how I realized that I have a crush on Claire. I have always known that I was a lesbian since high school – my dad insisted – and I have to say that Claire can really make this lesbian drool. Well, that blonde can make anyone, man or woman, drool.

Then the reason why I felt annoyed at that Matthew Chevalier? It was a funny thing indeed.

December, 2009

Two weeks. I have been skipping instructor Le Creuset's class and spending my free time with Raine. Between the continuous ramblings of Raine, and the stares of instructor Le Creuset whenever she catches me somewhere in campus, I chose the lesser evil and stayed with the rambler. And after spending time with Raine, I joined my friends and asked what they learned about the webpage class, and asked how they covered for my absence. They also informed me that our instructor didn't seem to believe whatever excuse they told her.

"Oh this is priceless!" Marie said out loud.

Jean Racine once said, 'there are no secrets that time does not reveal'.

Before, I never believed that secrets can be revealed. There are possibilities that a secret will always remain a secret. But now...

It was our I.T business class and my friends and I were working on our group project; a café slash carwash business proposal. With Marie's taunting smirks and laughter, my right brow twitched whenever I hear her laugh. It was bad enough they guessed that I have a crush on our instructor and what happened in the cafeteria, but being laughed at by Marie was downright annoying.

How did they even figure it out?

Was it because they noticed how I was staring at instructor Le Creuset during classes? That I was zoning out and focused mostly on her?

Or was it they noticed my enthusiasm when I go to the advance webpage class that instructor Le Creuset teach?

Was it the non-stop glaring at those who are fawning over the instructor?

Or was it the mood swings I have with her?

Marie stopped laughing but her grin never left her face. "Seriously par. Of all the people you will have a crush on, it has to be the one sought by all."

"I can understand though," said Micah. "Almost everyone in campus is smitten by Miss Le Creuset, so I'm not really surprised Elise here has a crush on her too."

Jeanne nodded. "But I find it amusing how you reacted in the cafeteria. Did you really say 'I don't like someone stealing what's mine' in front of instructor Chevalier and instructor hottie?"

Again, Marie laughed loudly. Why did she even find it funny?

"Yes, yes, Marie. Laugh about it. And how did you guys even know about that?" I asked, glaring at my friends.

Jeanne smirked at me. "Because of my lovely girlfriend of course." She showed me her mobile phone with a long conversation between her and another woman whom I swore I would strangle.

The other woman was none other than Raine. As the conversation went, it seemed that Jeanne had asked Raine why I was spending time with her. That annoying girl actually told Jeanne about the cafeteria incident!

Then I realized something...

"You're her girlfriend?!" I asked incredulously. All three of my friends nodded their heads. "What the hell?! You're committed and you never told me?" the three of them shook their heads in unison.