Chapter 3

Gray lay in his cot, wide awake. The image of Natsu kissing him kept playing through his mind over and over. Finally, he gave up on sleep and decided to go for a walk. Before he knew it, he had unconsciously walked to the guild. He hesitated at the entrance for a second, but finally he threw the door open and headed to Natsu's room.

"Natsu-" To Gray's surprise, Natsu was already wide awake.

"Um, hey Gray. Is something wrong?"

"I just- I think we need to talk about what happened earlier." Natsu's cheeks burned crimson when Gray said that, but, to his relief, Gray's cheeks were also a bright shade of red.

"Y-yeah, probably." Gray walked over to where Natsu was sitting on his bed and hesitatingly sat down beside him, at a safe distance.

"I don't know how to do this, but I'm just going to come out and say it. I like you Natsu. I'm not sure when I started being attracted to you, but there's this feeling in my heart that keeps on getting stronger every time I'm with you. And- and well, when you kissed me..."

"I like you too, Gray." Natsu almost whispered, causing the other boy to scoot nearer to him in order to understand him. "I didn't even realize it until tonight, but I really like you." Natsu hung his head low, trying to hide his embarrassment. After all, the closest thing he's ever had to a relationship was playing house with Lisanna. Gray gently slid his fingers under Natsu's chin, making him meet his eyes. When Gray started to lean closer, Natsu felt his breath catch in his throat. He'd never felt so nervous but excited at the same time before. It was an exhilarating sensation. Gray gently pressed his lips to Natsu's, creating a completely different atmosphere than the kiss from earlier. As Natsu moved his lips in sync to Gray's he felt Gray's hands lightly brush against his waist. Without thinking, Natsu intertwined his fingers in Gray's hair. Gray softly moaned in response and wrapped his arms tighter around Natsu's waist. Gray's hair was surprisingly soft and Natsu couldn't get enough of the feeling of it. Gently, Gray began licking at Natsu's lips, asking for entrance. Natsu happily obliged and discovered a whole new sensation of Gray's tongue exploring his mouth. As their tongues wrestled for dominance, Gray gently pushed Natsu down onto the bed and slid his knee in between Natsu's legs. Their kissing became more heated and passionate and Natsu was running out of breath. He broke away from Gray, breathing heavily.

"That was..."

"Amazing?" Gray finished.

"Yeah, amazing. But, I don't think I want to go any farther tonight."

"That's okay", Gray said, smiling at Natsu's shining eyes. As he got up to head back to his place, Natsu grabbed his hand.

"Do you wanna... Stay here tonight?" He hesitatingly asked.

"Sure." Gray laid down beside Natsu on the bed and Natsu rested his head on Gray's chest, enjoying the sound of his heartbeat. "Goodnight Natsu."

"Goodnight" Natsu replied dreamily. And soon the boys were both asleep, marveling at this strange turn in their relationship.