Chapter 5

Once they got to the ice skating rink, Gray was about ready to explode with excitement. He couldn't wait to get on the ice and show off his skills to Natsu. Lucy, on the other hand, looked a little nervous. "Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier guys, but I've never been ice skating before".

"Oh, you'll be fine. I've got you." Ezra replied.

The gang headed over to the front desk and rented the ice skates. After everyone had laced up their skates as tight as they could, they began the trek to the actual rink. Lucy immediately began wobbling all over the place.

"Lucy, we haven't even gotten on the ice yet". Natsu laughed. Before he could even finish the sentence, the tip of Natsu's skate caught on the ground. With a surprisingly high (and cute, in Gray's opinion) squeal, Natsu fell face first on the ground.

"What was that Natsu?" Lucy teased. Gray quickly helped Natsu up and once more, they were all headed to the rink.

"I'm suddenly having a bad feeling about this. I mean we haven't eve gotten to the rink and you guys are already struggling", Erza joked, watching Lucy continuing to wobble her way along.

Gray turned around, facing Erza, "I'm handling myself just fine, thank you." Once they got to the rink in one piece, Natsu jumped in, determined to make up for his fall earlier. He didn't announce it like Lucy, but he also had never been skating before. Lucy hung by the entrance, obviously nervous.

"Come on Lucy, I'll hold your hand. You'll be fine." And without another word, Erza pulled Lucy into the rink.

"EEP!" Gray glanced up and once more, Natsu was on his face. He gracefully skated over to him, holding in a giggle.

"Here, let me help you."

"I can do this myself!" Natsu retorted.

"Stop being silly and hold my hand, hot-head."

"Well... if I get to hold your hand..." Gray pulled Natsu to his feet and they slowly skated over to Lucy and Erza.

"This isn't so bad!" Lucy giggled, clutching tightly to Erza's hand.

"It'd be better if my fingers could get some blood flow." Lucy loosened her grip for a second, stumbled, and quickly held on to Erza even tighter. 

The four of them skated for an hour before Lucy's complaining meant it was time to leave. "I have blisters on both my ankles! Who knew skating would be so hard."

"It isn't hard if you don't suck." Gray mumbled to himself, but Natsu heard and started snickering.

"Like you did so much better", Erza said to Natsu.

"Hey!"

"No fighting you guys!", Lucy jumped between the two. "This is our first double date ever and I wont allow it!" Everyone giggled at the fact that somehow the four of them ended up on a date together.

"Well, what should we do next?" Gray asked.

"Actually, Lucy and I have some girl stuff to do, you two continue on your own."

"But-" Lucy began to protest, but Erza quickly whisked her away.

"Let the lovebirds have some alone time."

"Ohhhhh." Lucy sent a knowing look towards Gray and Natsu.

After the girls left, the two boys looked at each other. "Well, what do you want to do now?" Gray asked.

"This." Natsu quickly pecked Gray on the lips and then skated off. Or, at least he tried to. He didn't make it more than a foot before he came crashing down on the ice. "I guess I wasn't very hard to catch..." Natsu sighed. Gray just laughed and scooped Natsu up in his arms.

"Now that I've got you, what shall I do with you?" Gray smirked at Natsu, causing his cheeks to go crimson.